Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What a Face!

I went to see my friend, Felicia this morning.  She has been doing my nails every other week for about 11 or 12 years.  We met when our daughters played softball together when they were in 4th or 5th grade.  She has a lovely black Lab, Indy, who is about 3 years old and recently got a 9 week old, male Yorkie/Maltese mix she named Taz.  This little dog is so cute!  He is so full of himself and he just never seems to stop moving.  He climbs all over Indy.  He chews on her legs, tail and ears.  He takes her toys and generally torments her continually.  Indy, bless her heart, is so patient and sweet with the puppy.  She pretty much lets him get away with everything.  When she has finally had enough, she goes into their family room and climbs up on the couch.  Taz is still to little to jump up there.  Indy can escape Taz's pestering while she takes a little nap.  When I see the puppy I want another pup so much!  I love those frisky little babies so much.  They are a lot of work but it is truly such a joy to raise a puppy into a nice family dog. 

We have our Kasey now.  She's our 7 year old Westie who we have spoiled rotten.  She is queen of the house and would not take kindly to a newcomer.  We will have to wait until after Kasey has lived out her years before considering another dog.  I am fine with that.  As soon as I got home today, she greeted me at the door and gave me a good all over sniffing because she knew I'd been with other dogs.  She's laying on my feet as I write this and she will follow me around the house as I go about my business.  She is my companion, my little love bug, and the one being on this earth that loves me absolutely, 100% unconditionally.  It just doesn't get any sweeter than that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear little Taz your like a little Teddy bear ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Taz is adorable!! Couldn't you forgive her anything?!! Dogs are lovely but a huge commitment too. I know I could never have another but I'm more than happy with my cat (soon to be cats!). Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Awwwwhhhhhh cute face and sweet entry about Kasey, too. It brought tears to my eyes because I love my Molly the same way. They make life wonderful, don't they? :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

cute dog
I thought I d have to wait till Pepper passed on for  a new dog but we now had added three after him. the trick was finding the right one first. we fosterd and found the dog he loved and kept her. This dog is not social at all and attackes on a the slight of hand but he now loves the other three that came after him and he is the alpha and they are his harem lol you cant btoher them now.

Anonymous said...

What would we do without our dogs. That pup is so cute!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

That puppy IS cute!  My dogs always know when I have "cheated" on them, too!  They are stuck to my legs with their noses, sniffing!  They only sniff like that when I have been with another dog...they are so funny!  Jae