Saturday, May 6, 2006

Broken Record

9:20 p.m.  Just a note:  The party was fun.  There was SO much food: tacos, enchiladas, rice, beans, chips, dips, and cheesecake for dessert.  I had my salad with chicken and was very satisfied especially when I heard everyone else moaning that they were so full and needed something for their upset stomachs.  LOL  I'm feeling just fine!  Good night!

cutecolorspixie3b.gif

cutecolorspixielogo.gif

I know I sound like a broken record BUT my baby is coming home tomorrow!   I can't wait!  I got a very upbeat, happy email this morning saying her trip to England and Ireland was wonderful. She is back in Italy PACKING to come home.  YEAH!!!  I'm waiting for her to call this morning with her flight information. 

While I'm waiting, I am going to start preparing the greens for the salad I will take to the party tonight.  I made the dressing last night.  Mmmmm, it came out lovely.  I roasted two green chilis over the flame of my gas stove.  Once they are black and blubbly, I put them in a plastic bag for about 30 mintues to cool and sweat.  After they cool, the skin peels off easily so I skin them, take the seeds out and then cut them up to add to the blender.  They smell so good roasted!  This morning,  I'll roast a big red pepper the same way.  Believe me, I don't usually go to this much trouble but this is a special recipe for a special night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go on about it all you want to.  She is your baby and I know you cannot wait to throw your arms around her. Never tried roasted peppers sounds nice.  Hope the special meal is wonderful.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Yes of course your excited wont be long now ,I bet she's just as excited,the peppers and chillies roasted sound a delicious accompaniment to your salad Mmm.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I can't blame you fot getting excited! I bet she can't wait to get home nd tell you all about it! Have a great time tonight. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

I`ll bet you`ll have so much to talk about when she gets home. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Of course it isn't a broken record....this is your baby!!!! I'm just so happy for you both and just think of all the awesome talks you're going to have while catching up. I'll be waiting to hear all about it.....I can hardly wait!! It's so neat because I can feel your love for her right through the PC.......pretty special stuff :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~
P.S..........Darling graphic, such a sweet face. :)