Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mommy's Day

Happy Mommy's Day!  I got up early and hit the grocery store to pick up all the goodies for dinner today.  My son and his family are arriving around 2 p.m.  It is going to be so nice to have both my kids, the 3 grandkids, my lovely daughter-in-law, sweet hubby, and my adorable doggie all together for a meal and some family time.  We are grilling salmon and chicken.  I'll toss a big salad, make some rice and steam some asparagus.  I picked up 2  baskets of strawberries which I've sliced and sweetened with Splenda.  I'll have Cari and my DIL, Shannon fix Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.  I don't touch it, to make it or to eat it, since I've been on program.  I have strict rules about those things.  LOL  My son and husband will do the clean up.  

We will all call my Mom so she can talk to her oldest child (ME) her only two grandchildren,  her 3 great grandchildren, and her son-in-law.  I know she will love that. 

I feel so blessed to be a Mom.  I love my kids so much.  It was a joy and a privilege to raise them and it is awesome to watch them go out into the world and blaze their own trails.  I am proud of their characters, their choices, their morals, and the way they present themselves in the world.  I am eager to see where they go from here.  They can count on me to be cheering them on, that's for sure!

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day! :o)))

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed the day, bet it made it more special having Cari back in time for it too! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

ah my hubby wil be right over he loves salmon and I dont like it and though I have tried cant cook it lol

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your children, Kathy. They are a reflection of your love, faith and belief in them....and what a wonderful secure feeling that must have grounded them with :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~