Friday, May 5, 2006

Exciting News

I had great news from my eye doctor this morning.  All the eye damage from the diabetes has been reversed.  There is no sign of any diabetes damage in my eyes!!   I nearly jumped out of the exam chair and hugged the Doctor.  If he weren't such a stuffy old stick in the mud I would have.  LOL  He looked back at my last exam record and said he had been very concerned because my last exam showed things had worsened from the year before significantly but THIS time all of that had healed!!!  Wow!  What a reward, huh?  Staying on program is having far reaching rewards.  I'm losing the weight but I'm healing all parts of my body.  My feet don't hurt and throb, my hands don't tingle, I'm not out of breath when I go up and down the stairs, I can keep up with Dennis when we walk anywhere, and my baby blue eyes have healed!  Thank you, God!!   

There isn't anything in this world that tastes as good as all of this healing feels.  Praise God for the willingness to do the work!  Amen.

To celebrate I'm going to Curves for my workout this afternoon. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such wonderful news I am so pleased for you...Ican feel your elation and I'm joining you ..we are jumping for joy .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That's great news!! It's amazing what eating healthily and exercise can do for us. Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news Kathy.......simply wonderful! I know how much this means, and you are right......the taste of food can't beat getting our health back. When I started this journey I was taking 22 prescription pills a day and now.....I'm down to 5.  My goal is to be totally drug free or as close as I can get. I was taking 6 pills a day for my diabetes and now.....I'm considered "diet controlled" and take none. You are living proof that we can turn things around and live better.......you are an inspiration and I'm so proud of your strong will and determination! KOKO!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

BLESSINGS!~
SUSAN