Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Prep Day

Today is Prep Day.  My parents will be here tomorrow around noon.  They called from their first stop, Heber, Utah last night.  They were tired but felt good about getting so far on the first day of travel.  Today, they will drive to St. George, Utah and tomorrow to our home in Riverside, CA.  I'm really excited about their visit.  As, I've said in past entries, they were both quite ill earlier in the year and now they are well enough to travel 1100 miles by car.  It's a true blessing!

Kasey went to the groomer this morning for a bath and hair cut.  She looks quite pretty.  After I brought her home, I went to have my nails done.  Little Taz, the puppy whose picture I posted a few weeks ago, has grown so much.  He weighs a strapping 6 pounds now at 4 months old.  Felicia doesn't think he's going to get much bigger than this.

Pssst....what did I say about my butterfly in the garden?  Dennis mentioned moving it to the back by the garden wall.  I rather firmly told him that I thought it should stay right where it was.  He's pretty uncomfortable but he's agreed.  I guess I should tell you that my husband is a perfectionist and into the details of every project he does.  Of course, in his work he has to be like that or the buildings he designs would fall down.  LOL  When he was in the army, he was a Supply Sgt.  He was assigned a unit that was a complete mess.  Within four months of him being in charge, everything was in its proper place and the entire Supply Unit was running like a fine tuned machine.  He was awarded the Bronze Star which is the 3rd highest military honor for his service.  I tell people the got the star for being neat.  When we first got married, he had his shirts hanging in the closet long sleeves together, short sleeves together and light to dark.  His socks were rolled and placed in the drawer so neatly it was scary.  His shoes were lined up perfectly.  If you opened my side of the closet things jumped out at you.  In our 35 years together, he has mellowed out a lot and I have become a lot more organized.  He's still very neat and orderly but not to the point of obsessive/compulsive.  I still have places that are messy but overall my home is neat and tidy so he is comfortable and so am I.

I hope my butterfly makes it through the summer.  We will see.  I know it is pushing the 'comfort zone' a bit but I have hope that with some encouragement from me, Dennis will adjust. 

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah share pics of your fur babies and you nails. My nails never last. not ever

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise your parents were going to drive to your home! I know how much you're looking forward to seing them! Poor Dennis, I bet he's having nightmares about the butterfly. I hope Kasey stays nice and clean and well groomed to meet your parents! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Will be really lovely for you to see your Mum and Dad not long now ....its good you have both adapted to each others habits ,couples do grow together ,and its so nice how we change to please each other ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your Mom & Dad are almost there! Little Kasey is all bathed and looking pretty for Grandma & Grandpa too, how cute is that? I hope you all have a wonderful visit together.....how fun :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~