Friday, May 5, 2006

(Day 5) TGIF

It's FRIDAY... We have a nice weekend ahead so I guess that's why I'm pretty upbeat today.  Tomorrow we are going to a birthday bash for our friend Kelly.  He enjoys celebrating very much!  It's a potluck Mexican Feast so I'm taking my ever-favorite Mexican Caeser Salad with Celantro Dressing made from scratch with roasted Anaheim Chilis and Roasted Red Peppers that I actually roast myself.  Wooooo, I'm such the Martha Stewart (NOT).

Sunday our daughter, Cari, comes home after being in Italy since March 3rd.  YIPPEE, SKIPPY..  I don't even mind the idea of driving to Los Angeles International Airport to pick her up.  I am very thankful that she's coming in on Sunday afternoon and not on Friday night.  The traffic shouldn't be as awful on Sunday. 

I have an appointment to have my eyes examined this morning.  Psst... don't tell anyone but I lost my glasses about 10 days ago and I have to have an exam to get them replaced.  My exam is over due anyway.  It's been over 2 years since the last time.  My glasses were pretty thrashed so I look forward to getting a new pair. 

I'll post my exercise for the day later.  I haven't decided if I'll walk or do the gym today.  Depends on my schedule and timing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely time at the Birthday bash.  I can tell your are excited about Cari coming home, just think what she will have to tell you.  Hope you get your glasses sorted out.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time Cari coming home ,a party and even new glasses is good .....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work!  Hope you enjoy your daughter's homecoming...Jae

Anonymous said...

I hope you emjoy the birthday bash tomorrow, I love Mexican food. Sounds like you'll have a lot to talk about with Cari on sunday. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

By now you will be at the birthday bash.....I hope you are having a ton of fun :) I'm so happy for you that Cari is coming home tomorrow.......your heart must be soaring. My Mandy moved to Orlando in Jan and I miss her soooooo much, I can't even imagine Italy!!! Enjoy your homecoming and hug time :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~