Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Brighter Day

It is such a nice, quiet Saturday morning.  Dennis is on an early appointment in Newport Beach and Cari is at work.  I got up at 6:30 this morning, made coffee, caught up on a few chores, and read the paper without having to share it.  I had a long hot shower, got dressed and I'm sitting here writing in my journal and no one is here to bother me.  It's quite nice.  (happy face inserted here)

My mood is brighter this morning after my sniffling pity party yesterday.  I needed to vent and get those negative feelings off my chest.  Now I can focus on how grateful I am to be where I am today and I can give myself a little credit for coming this far.

I appreciate the kind things my J-Land friends wrote.  Made me realize we all have those voices that want to set us back on our heels sometimes.  We just need to push them to the side and not give them power over us.

I have to get the red out for a minute to talk about my baseball team, The Angels.  The poor guys are having a miserable time right now.  They can't seem to get it right.  They are in last place in their division. Last night they played the other LA team, The Dodgers.  The Angels allowed 25 hits..  Jeez... 25!  The Dodgers scored 16 runs to our 3.  There is a lot of stress among the players because things are going so badly.  Part of me wants to throw up my hands and just give up on them but I'm an Angel fan so I'm going to stand by and cheer them on.  I may even email their web site a positive message.  I read so many mean spirited remarks the other night when I was on there looking around.  I can't be like that.  So, here's to the Angels!  Go, Angels, Go!  You can do it, boys!  I believe in you!

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you are feeling better today ,I guess we all have moody days, that we cant control ,we are after all women lol ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better now! Don't be too hard on yourself though, there isn't a woman alive who hasn't felt that way.....more than once!! LOLOL! Sorry your Angels aren't doing well :(  On Thursday, the Tigers were in first place and had the best record in their division for the first time in 13 years. How do I, the non-baseball person know this??? Because my Mom told it to me, at least 4 times that I can remember :) :) :)  I'll keep my fingers crossed for your boys though....but remember what I said before: If my Mom or Dad come around, swallow this e-mail! <G>

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I`m so glad that you feel much brighter today.  We all get those `down` days where we`re not happy about ourselves.  I think it does help to have a rant sometimes, it nearly always seems better afterwards. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you feel better, a lot of blame lies with the media, always promoting youth. What we need is one of them to promote age and experience!! Hope the Angels will start to do better for you! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

IM glad you feel better venting helps me too

Anonymous said...

Venting is good, and J-Land is a good place to do it too :o)