Friday, May 19, 2006

Analyze This!

Ok, I think I have an idea about what the following dream may mean.  I've been going through a major physical change since last November.  I think my subconscious is trying to catch up and the dream tells of the conflict.  When I'm trying to shower in the closet it may mean that part of me wants to go back to the old me (into the closet).  When I go into the bathroom with all the windows, I'm not comfortable being seen by the world with this new body yet.  When I decide what to do with the towel, it's me wanting to cover up and still thinking that part of me is disgusting and shouldn't be seen.  Ahh-hah!  I think that's it!  Lori posted a comment that got me thinking about this and I think she's right.  Thanks Lori!   Thanks to all who posted sweet things.
 
                                      * * * * * *
It's okay to laugh when you read the following.  I laughed when I wrote it and when I told my daughter about it later.                                        
       
    cutecolorsspringline1.gif
 
I had the strangest dream the other night. I have been trying to figure it out and thought if I wrote about it I might be able to get closer to doing that. Well, in the dream, I am with my daughter and her friend at a house I don't recognize. There is a party going on that I think is a graduation party for my daughter's friend. The three of us are getting ready for the party. I apply a tanning lotion to my legs and arms then look in the mirror as I put it on my face. As I watch, my skin becomes darker and darker. (If anyone saw the "Friends" episode where Ross goes to the spray on tanning salon and gets over sprayed and comes out nearly black -- this is how I was looking in the dream.) I am very unhappy with the results because it looks so fake so I decide I should take a shower and wash the lotion off. The first shower is in a closet. I turn on the water and it is spraying all over the floor of the closet and the clothes hanging inside. Since that is making a mess, I turn off the water and go into a bathroom. That room has large windows that look out into the back yard where everyone is gathering for the party. Since there are no window coverings and no privacy I can't shower there. The next thing I know, I'm in a room like a nail salon and an unknown person is using a small nail brush to wash the tanning lotion off my hands and arms. It is coming off easily. We are chatting and everything is going fine. Next, I take the brush and start working on my legs. The tanning solution comes off but it I cansee that I have very hairy legs --hairy like a shag rug hairy. I cannot believe that my legs are that disgusting! When I'm finally cleaned up, I have to leave that room and go across the living room to the bedroom to dressed. If I wrap the towel around me under my arms, my hairy legs will show. If I wrap it around my waist my bra will show. There is no choice for me. I wrap it around my waist because I would rather have everyone see my bra than those hideous legs. My feelings during the dream were calm, determined to take care of the problem and feeling surprised but thinking it was pretty funny at the same time. Hmmmmmm.... very odd. It's got to be about my changing body image and maybe I won't be happy with the end results.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams are supposed to have meaning ,I wonder if you are right about yours and the analysis of yours is correct ?...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

could be but I was told that having dreams where everyone can see you naked (hense the room where people can see you takea show) are really about feeling pressured about the world and that people can or cant see the real you. and maybe that is why you had a shower in the closet in the first place trying to get your privacy and this may also include your body image in that you are feeling becuase your age or body is changing you are being seen in a different light.

Anonymous said...

Dreams can be just so weird at times! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

I can never remember my dreams!
Wishing you a bright weekend ahead! :)
Hugs, SUGAR  

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wild what we dream....and yet, they seem so vividly real. I think your analyzation of it could very well be what it all means, it's very interesting! I'm wondering if showering in the closet represents the fact that when we're heavy, we never want anyone to see us naked and it becomes a habit to hide. Even though we have a new body, we don't see ourselves that way and still have the tendency of wanting to hide. Just a thought.. LOLOL!!  Thanks for the entertainment and the giggle :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~