Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just for Fun

Just for fun, I'm thinking about going to the garden department at Home Depot today and buying a large ceramic frog, a big plastic rabbit, a huge pink flamingo standing on one leg, and a fountain with a statue of a little boy peeing into it.   Then we'll see just how DORKY I am!  LOL

I live in a very conservative neighborhood and I have always wanted to play a trick on my neighbors on April Fool's Day. We have a strict Home Owner's Association that must approve any changes to the landscaping, color of your home,  if you add a planter, etc., etc.  And we have a few on this street that are very "BY THE BOOK" people.  I have always thought it would be so much fun to put out 8 ceramic pigs wearing straw hats and ponchos painted wild colors along with a huge cast iron replica of the Statue of Liberty holding a revolving light that would flash red, then white, then blue.  Along with that, I've seen other assorted lawn ornaments such as turtles, deer, rabbits, fox, and trolls that I could add to the display.  Oh, it would be so much fun to hide in the side yard and watch the faces of my neighbors as they drove or walked by mumbling to themselves about my yard display.  Those that know me well would laugh and know it was just my sense of humor but those who don't know me would dash home and thumb thru their phone books looking for the Association's phone number to report me A.S.A.P.!  It would be worth the money for the laughs but then what would I do what all of that stuff once the day was over?  I know Dennis wouldn't allow it in the back yard and I don't think any of the charities would send their truck to pick it up.  Hmmm, maybe it's better left a funny fantasy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go on, I dare you!! You could always put them on ebay afterwards! I'd love to see their faces if you did!! Jeannette xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

DO IT!!!  Jae

Anonymous said...

It might be fun,go on Dare to be different......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Forrest Gump that said 'Dorky is as dorky does'?  And if you did the Statue of Liberty display, would that make all the straw-hatted porkers 'Dorky Pigs'?   ::smile::

Glad to see you maintaining a sense of humor and keeping your mind off the Angel's current woes.  At least they played well last night - and a turnaround can't be far away.  Hang in there!

Rob

Anonymous said...

oh man and have a secret wire hidden to see if you can hear what theysay as they walk by !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, I learned something about our Kathy today, she has a little rebellious streak!! Hehhehe, you are too cute for words :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~