Sunday, May 21, 2006

Laughing Because If I Don't...............

"Here comes the rain again falling.....on my head like a new emotion......"  Annie Lenox and Dave Stewart

The color of this font is the color of the sky this morning.  Do you know what that means?  It means there is a 30% chance it may rain today and a 70% chance it WILL rain tomorrow.  Dennis and I just looked at each other this morning, shook our heads and laughed.  Wouldn't you just know it!  We waited until mid-MAY to wash all the windows in this house because we just knew the threat of rain was over for the summer and now..................  oh, well, I guess the rain is better than a 7.0 earthquake.  LOL (Gosh, I should NOT say that, it's been a long time since one of those woke us up....)

I'm not going to let the threat of rain spoil anything for me.  I've worked my way thru that blue mood that had me sitting on my pity pot the other day and my spirits are up again.  I'm preparing the house for my parents arrival on Thursday and our family is getting excited for their visit.

I'm so glad my Dad and Mom are easy house guests.  They are so independent that they don't hesitate to make a pot of coffee if they want a cup and the pot is empty.  Mom does a lot of the cooking when she is here because she doesn't like to just sit around.  It is a treat for me, to say the least, to have my meals prepared by my mommy.  LOL  She cooks and I clean up.  It works for me! 

My sister is coming down from Central California to spend a week with us while they are here.  It will save my parents a long drive up and back and it gives us the opportunity to have more family time which all of us enjoy.  I will pick her up at the train station on Friday (the day after my parents arrive) then her husband will drive down the following Wednesday, visit for the day and they will drive home together the following day.  It's going to be so nice!

We were all together a year ago when my parents visited California.  We took a four day trip to Catalina Island which was a lot of fun.  It seems like that was SO long ago.  So much happened this past year regarding their health.  My Mom had two major surgeries and my Dad was seriously ill the end of February and early March.  To have them well enough to make this trip now is such a joy to our family and we are going to enjoy every minute of it.

P.S.  I love Annie Lenox and Dave Stewart!

Getting out the red again to cry about my Angels.  They blew another 4-1 lead and lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers yesterday. I think they need some serious intervention. I'm praying and praying - hoping and hoping.  Maybe a motivational speaker or a sports psychologist or a yoga guru with some guided sports meditations......hummm...  or some batting practice and a few new pitchers.  (pssst...they have the worst record in all of baseball right now.  But I still love 'em.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely and how lucky you are to have a visit from your Mum and Dad ,Its nice when people feel they can make that pot of coffee etc ,they must feel so at home ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have your parents stay with you. Your Mum obviously likes to take care of you. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased that your parents are both now well enough to make the trip to see you. I hope they enjoy their stay. It always rains when you clean the windows doesn't it?!! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

we fianlly had a pretty day after days and days of nastyness. thats neat your parents are so easy to have around

Anonymous said...

It will be so nice to have your parents and sister with you for awhile! Plus, now that you have lost all the weight and are healthier you will be able to do so many more things....it'll be grand! :)
Sorry it's been raining.....it has been raining here for 3 weeks and I'm trying to stay in a good mood but it's getting harder each time Miss Molly comes back in from her potty break and shakes her wet self all over my clean kitchen floor! LOL!

I'm making a wish for you that the sun shines tomorrow and your Angels will win......fingers AND toes crossed :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

It's chicking it down here, has been all day and we've been without power for 2 hours

Anonymous said...

Sounds like having your parents staying with you is a wonderful blessing.  Enjoy!

Dona