Friday, May 12, 2006

Beauty Day

I'm going to get a hair cut and my color touched up today.  It feels so good to go and get pampered for a few hours.  I may even get my eyebrows waxed if I can work up the nerve.  I'm feeling pretty good about myself today.  I had my weigh in this morning, had my blood pressure taken and then had a phone appointment with my doctor.  I have lost a total of 68.5 pounds since Nov. 1, 2005.  My blood pressure this morning was 107/67 which is excellent.  My cholesterol is still down even though I've been off the medication for a month and all of my other blood work came back great!  My three month blood sugar average is good for being off all medications so I am treating myself to a new hair style, some blond highlights and maybe a little eyebrow shaping if, like I said, I can work up the nerve. 

I'm taking much better care of myself these days.  I put my make-up on and make sure my hair is styled before I get on with my day.  I rarely wore make up before.  Figured what the hell...wouldn't make me look any better so why bother.  I enjoy shopping for clothes now because I can find things that fit and look half way decent on me.  I still have some weight to take off but I am buying my clothes in the regular women's department now and not in the large size section.  Not long ago I was able to buy a pair of pants in a size "M" instead of an "L".  Holy cow!  That was a major moment.  Next thing I know I'll be buying most of my clothes in size "M".  Won't that be a hoot! 

The thing I am looking forward to so much is to go shopping for special clothes for our Alaska Cruise which is the end of August.  I want to find a drop-dead gorgeous dress for the formal night and some hot-to-trot outfits for the dressy dinners we will have aboard ship.  I have earned my way into clothes like that and I am going to enjoy trying them on, buying them, and wearing them to each special night on that week long adventure.  My husband is so proud and supportive but I will admit he does look a bit worried when I start telling him to open a special savings account for my wardrobe needs.  LOL  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was born and lived in alsaka till I was 7 and came to ky big change lol would love to go back

Anonymous said...

You deserve some nice clothes after all the hard work you've done in self improvement! I'd love to go to Alaska, it sounds so beautiful. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

A special account.....I LOVE IT!!! I always tell Marv he won't be able to afford me when I can buy clothes :) How awesome you are in regular sizes....I'm dreaming of that day! It must feel so good to see all the rewards of your hard work, and I bet your hubby is more than proud. I'm sure he can't wait to show his beautiful and newly confident wife off to everyone on that cruise :) Good for you Kathy!!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~