Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday Funday

My husband took my mom to the Angel Baseball game today.  She loves baseball and was as excited as a little girl as she got ready to go.  It's a day game so they will be home around 5:30 p.m. and we will all have dinner together tonight.  Tomorrow is Memorial Day and the Angels are having a special tribute to Military Veterans at the stadium.  Dennis is taking my dad to that game.  My father is a veteran of WWII and Dennis is a Viet Nam Veteran.  I'm sure they will enjoy the special ceramony before the game.  There usually are F-15 jets that fly over and shake the entire stadium right as the National Anthem ends.  It is awesome to experience it!

My Dad, sister and I spent several hours shopping and going out to lunch.  We were at the Mall when it opened at 11:00.  My sister and I picked up the few things we needed and then Dad treated us to lunch.  As we headed back into the Mall to go back to our car, Dad disappeared.  Carol and I looked around for a minute and found him at the Relaxation Station getting a massage from a Japanese masseuse.  There are 4 massage therapists who have opened an outdoor massage station and for $12 you can have a 15 minute neck, upper back, and shoulder massage.  He had been complaining of a stiff neck and a very sore spot on one of his shoulders so he stopped and had it worked on.  It really amused me, to tell you the truth.  I thought it was very progressive and open minded of him to try a place like that.  He was very pleased with the results and plans to go back before he goes home.  I'm still learning things from my Dad.  Next time he goes, I'm going to go with him and give it a try myself.  I've had a sore neck for weeks and if these guys can help, it will save me lots of $$$$ at the chiropractor's office.

Yesterday was Family Day at our house.  My son, his wife and three kids were here along with Cari and her fiance, Sam.  My sister is here from Central California to visit so my parents don't have to drive the 6 hours up there to see her.   Dennis and I enjoyed hosting the family dinner and having everyone in our home.  The best part, of course, was having the three grandchildren here.  My mother gave Megan, who willbe 7 the end of June, a book of poems about Fairies with the prettiest paintings of the adorable creatures.  When she handed her the book, Mom told her that she hoped Megan would enjoy having her mother read the book to her.  Megan opened the book and then looked at her great-grandmother,  "Gramma Mim, I can read this myself."  My mother was astonished as Megan read the first poem to her, hesitating only once.  Before the afternoon was over, Megan had read the entire book and told her great-grandmother that she couldn't wait to read it to her 3 year old cousin, Rylee Marie.  While Megan was reading, Nathan (4 1/2) built buildings and space ships out of Legos and Andrew (18 months) charmed everyone with his smile and good nature.  When the kids left to go home, my mom and dad said their trip was complete now that they had spent time with their great grandchildren.  I thought that was so sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you're still learning from your parents! I'm glad they're having a good time and I hope your dad and Dennis enjoy the game and display tomorrow. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels