Tuesday, May 2, 2006

(Day 2)

Met my challenge today by walking this morning, I will let you know how  I feel tomorrow.  LOL  Right now I feel good but sometimes my shins kill me the first few days when I start a walking routine.

The Angels are playing a rare day game today.  It started at 12:30 this afternoon.  Dennis had appointments in Orange County this morning so he plotted things so he could finish his work early and then catch the game.  His friend, Skip is meeting him and I know those two guys will have a great time.  I don't mind missing some of the games.  It's good for Den to take his buddies from time to time.  We talked about him taking our grandson, Nathan to a game soon.  Nathan is 4 and already a big baseball fan.  When he was three years old he could sit through an entire game and not get restless.  At the end of every inning he would look at us and ask, "Is it over?"  When we would tell him, "No."  He would say, "Oh, good!"  LOL  

Wowie,  there was just a big old fight on the mound!  Our pitcher threw a high, insider and the Oakland batter didn't like that very much.  The batter said something to our pitcher and our pitcher said something back and the fight was on...  Of course all the players clear the benches and everyone on the field joins the fight.  Both the pitcher and the batter got ejected so it takes a long time to get things settled down.  A new pitcher came in and a new batter took the plate.  Everyone on both teams is on alert and waiting for any excuse to start the fight again.  Oh, man!  I wish I was there now.  LOL

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing.  Den went to the doctor yesterday to get the results of all the tests he has had in the past month.  Everything came back great.  He has to have another colon exam in 2 years and he is on medicine to lower his cholesterol but other than that he is in great shape.  He has the heart rate and blood pressure of a teenage athlete (I'm green with envy).  We didn't expect bad news but it is still very nice to hear all positive results!! 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad the tests came back so good

Anonymous said...

So pleased the test results were good I cant comment on the game I dont understand lol .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Love baseball...good job with your challenge!  Jae

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased the test results were so good, maybe you could get Den on the Angels team!! Well done for doing the walking too! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

That`s really good news about Den. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Would you look how far behind I am once again??? Just get used to me being late with comments Kathy.....I'm usually late, but always bearing Pooh Hugs :) :)
That is GREAT news about Den's tests....that's always a relief isn't it? Good for you about meeting your walking challenge.....keep up the good work, girl!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~
P.S..................You were too adorable talking about the fight on the mound. :)