Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Unfinished Project

I attached a few pictures of the tile in my bathroom.  The installer is coming back tomorrow to remove the blue tape and to apply the sealer.  Once the sealer goes on, the white spots will blend in with the background and won't stand out.  I'm really happy with it.  It's a natural stone so we will have to seal it once a year which isn't a big deal.

Dennis is going to repaint the bathroom a few shades darker than it is right now and then he will paint the cabinets an even darker shade of tan.  It's too bland now with everything being so close in color.  Isn't that the way it goes?  You do one thing and then you have to do a few others because it changes everything.

The 3 framed pictures are water color paintings by Bernice.  I guess I would call her my mother-in-law.  She's Dennis's step-dad's widow.  Anyway, I love her to pieces and I'm so proud of the art work she does.  She painted these three pieces especially for us.  We saw the Magnolia at an art show and loved it so she did two others on the black background to go with it.  How lucky are we? 

The painting of the 3 trees is the new piece we bought for the entry.  I'm not so crazy about the content but I do like the colors and the composition.  It ties all of the colors in the living room and dining room together.  LOL  I think the trees look like they have legs instead of trunks.  I guess I should not be so critical.  It's far better than anything I could paint.

This is a preview of what we are doing.  I have no idea when the whole project will be completed.  Maybe January - maybe never.  Who knows? I'm just having fun in the meantime.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The travertine looks lovely!  The paintings your MIL did are amazing.  We have an aunt who paints, but nothing at all like that.  Can she adopt me??  LOL
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Very nice!  Your home looks very beautiful.. from what I could see.  I think the tile is going to look fantastic, once the tape is removed and it's completely finished!  Can't wait to see the finished product!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

The photos are all lovely! Your new floor is great and I love Bernice's paintings, she's so talented! I love the Stargazer lily, that's so pretty! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Very nice...the pictures are beautiful !  I have one bathroom I'd love to remodel but everything is so costly.   Linda in rainy (again) Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Your home is just gorgeous...the pics on the wall are amazing and the tile is pretty too.
hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

The natural stone floors in the bathroom are truly beautiful.  And the paintings - how lucky you are!  Did you ever take pictures of the bathroom before you started the work?  

Monica

Anonymous said...

Kathy you have a lovely home ,thankyou for showing us the pictures ,I like Bernices pictures she is very talented ,.,love Janxx