Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Talk

After yesterday's rant, I thought I should get back to my old positive, upbeat self.  It's a beautiful sunny day and everything is pretty much OK.  We had a bit of excitement about 20 minutes ago.  A stray dog jumped the back fence and let itself into Miss Kasey's territory.  OH NO!  Ohhh, she did not like that.  Thank goodness, Dennis was home and outside with her when it happened.  Our little Westie girl had the other dog, which was the size of a small German Shepherd,  cornered and shaking.  Luckily, it managed to jump up into the planter where our short legged mutt cannot go.  Dennis picked up Kasey and put her inside the house then returned to the yard to let the poor, trembling pup out.  I don't think we will have a return visit.  LOL  We don't know where the dog came from.  Neither of us had ever seen it before.  Hopefully, it will find it's way safely home.

Cari is home sick today.  She has a nasty head cold and cough.  She hasn't slept in two nights and it is taking a toll on her mood.  (Stand back!)  I went to the pharmacy and got her some cough medicine that I used the last time I was sick.  Hopefully it will work as well for her.  It's called Zicam Cough Mist.  It's  in a little spray bottle and you spritz a few blasts toward your throat before bed and it stops the coughing for hours.  I couldn't believe how well it works.  I've used the Zicam Alergy Nasal Gel for years and swear by it and now I use this stuff too.  I should write them and tell them I'm advertising for their company.  Maybe they'll send me some free samples.  LOL

I hope Cari feels a lot better by Saturday night.  She is going to be an extra in a movie being filmed at the football stadium at her university.  Next week, she will be a seat filler at the American Music Awards.  I know she will want to feel good for the special night.

Tonight, I'm going to my friend, Sylvia's house.  She sells Cookie Lee jewelry and has an open house this time of year so her friends can do a little Christmas shopping.  It's going to be great.  I will be seeing friends I haven't seen inover a year.  Boy are they going to be surprised when they see me!  Most of them don't even know I've been losing weight so the surprise is going to be awesome.  I have to go through my closet and find the outfit that makes me look very thin.  LOL -  I know that is so vain but, darn it, I think I deserve it. 

That's it for now.  More after the party.  Whoop  whoop whoop...  LOL

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flew of some sort is going around.  Hope Cari feels better soon.  Jewelry Party?   Fun!  Let us know waht the people say about your wieght loss.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Geesh... more people are sick lately!  I'm glad I stay holed up in my house alone.. away from all the germs! lol  I hope Cari feels better soon!

Cookie Lee!!  I love their jewelry!  I have a slew of it!  One of the girls where I used to work sold it, and it is some nice stuff!  

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Seems like bugs are making the rounds at this time! I hope they're all gone by Christmas. The poor dog has probably got home now to tell his owners of the stroppy little dog whose garden he entered! Lol! Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/