Friday, November 24, 2006

Our Day at Disneyland

It's a lot cooler today. In fact it was foggy and overcast this morning when I woke up.  Maybe the weather is changing and we will have a Fall after all.  I'm enjoying the day.  I did my grocery shopping and now I'm just relaxing.  My feet and knees are sore after walking at least 20 miles at Disneyland and California Adventure yesterday.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  Ours was spent dodging people and strollers.  The park opened at 8:00 in the morning; we got there at 10:00 and already the lines for the big rides were an hour long.  It was PACKED.  We went on the Jungle Ride first (as is our tradition) and then we checked out Pirates of the Caribbean.  The wait was 1 hr. 15 min.  so we went to Indiana Jones and the wait was 60 minutes.  Ahh, I don't think so.  We walked over to Frontier Land and got in line for the show at the Horseshoe Saloon which was a lot of fun.  I had never seen it before.  It was a four man bluegrass band and they put on a lively, fun show.  By the time that was over, we headed outside the park and over to Downtown Disney for lunch.  We found a quiet corner and had a nice lunch.  Then it was on to California Adventure.

What a relief!  California Adventure was busy but it was not over crowded.  We went on a simulated hang glider flight over the state of California.  WOW...it was great.  It makes you feel like you are soaring over the Golden Gate bridge and over many of the other beautiful parts of our state.  It was so well done and exhilerating.  We walked through the park and got to California Scream which is their roller coaster.  I don't like roller coasters so I shopped while Dennis went on that ride.  We met about 20 minutes later and continued our walk until we found It's a Bugs Life which is a 3D show based on the movie.  It is adorable!  They give you 3D glasses so the show comes alive with bugs, spiders, and butterflies right in front of your face.  The special effects are amazing!  It's a lot of fun and laughs. 

On our way out of California Adventure, we stopped in a little shop and bought a great statue of the 7 Dwarfs walking on a log on their way to work.  They are carrying their axes and all have the cutest expressions on their faces.  I've posted pictures of it above.  The last time we went for our Anniversary, we brought home a large statue of Thumper from the Bambi movie.  So we decided that we needed to continue the tradition and add the Dwarf statue this year.

We walked back to Disneyland in time to catch the Christmas Parade (they have 2 a day).  We watched the earliest one then went to take a ride on Mark Twain's Steamboat right at dusk.  That was awesome because all of the Christmas lights are just coming on and you get a beautiful view from the boat.

We went back to Adventureland to check out Space Mt. again but the wait was still an hour so we decided to call it a day.  We left the Magic Kingdom and drove home.  We tried to stop for dinner but the restaurant we wanted to eat at was closed so we decided to stop at the market and pick up a few things but it was closed SOOOO, we went home and I put a big salad together and we ate it while resting our tired feet.

It was very early to bed for both of us.  We were pooped!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your dwarfs, what a lovely day ,lovely to see a picture of you and Dennis ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am not a Disneyland Fan...   I think I would only kind of like it, if there were no other people there.  Maybe just 1,000.  I could deal with that! lol  I'm glad you had a good time though! :)

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Oh did Disneyland look crowded and I can't do those kind of crowds!  I used to go to Disney frequently when I was little, Walt was still alive and my aunt was one of his secretaries ... meaning free tickets. :-> I'm glad you had a good time.  

Monica

Anonymous said...

I love the "flight"  over California at California Adventure...did you pick your feet up when you went over the water ?  How about that citrus smell ?  The last time we were there we went on that 3 times.   And the biggest disappointment...Pirates of the Caribbean was closed for maintence.  All the way from Washington and it was closed.  There's no way you'd catch me on Calfornia Scream.  Glad you had a good visit to the Magic Kingdom.   Linda in Washington

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day!  wish I was there too!!!  rose~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the statue!  Love it!  There are WAY too many people there for my comfort...I am glad you had a good time!  Jae