Friday, November 17, 2006

Frazzled Friday

I'm so happy!  The gardener is here and Miss Kasey is sitting beside me whimpering and giving a little whine but no barking.  I have been working with her for weeks and I think - maybe - it is starting to pay off.  She does pretty well when the lawn mower and hedge clippers are going but when he starts with the leaf blower she gets very upset and she wants to bark.  I have to hold her and calm her for a while and then I can take my hands off of her and she will stay.  There is still a lot of growling and noise but the barking is cut wayyyy back. I'm proud of her because I know how scared she is and how much she would like to get out and chew his ankles.  LOL 

The jewelry party was great!  Sylvia, her daughter Andrea, and her sister, Sharon all sell Cookie Lee jewelry so there was a huge selection to choose from.  I bought two necklaces and two pairs of ear rings.  It was great to see friends I haven't seen in a year and 2 I haven't seen in at least 3 or 4 years.  We had so much fun catching up and sharing pictures of our kids and grandchildren.  Lots of new grandchildren in the group.  I think between the 8 of us there are 20 grandkids to brag about.  Most of the hadn't seen me since I've lost all the weight so that was fun.  It was nice to get such positive feedback.

I have to get busy early this morning.  As soon as the gardener is gone, I'm going to get ready to go to Trader Joe's.  I want to pick up some of their great salad dressings that have only 35 calories for 2 tablespoons!  Delicious.  My favorite is a Greek style with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, feta cheese, red peppers, and all those wonderful spices.  It's great.  I also need to take a pair of pants to the tailor to be hemmed.  I found a pair of my favorite jeans on sale the other day.  I was amazed.  I've never seen this brand on sale before so I had to grab them.  They are the softest cords I have ever had in a yummy cocoa brown.  Now I need a top to go with them (of course). 

Oh, by the way, it's another beautiful day in Southern California.  I love this time of year. 

I cleaned my desk this morning.  Picked up all the piles, sorted them out, tossed the trash, stacked the catalogs, put the books away, filed the necessary documents, put all the CD's back in the rack, put everything that goes upstairs in a box, and cleaned the surface with 409 until it shines.  Ahhhh, it feels good and it will last about a day.  I'm a clutter bug when it comes to my desk.  It drives Dennis crazy.  I can take it until I can no longer tell that the top of the desk is white and my stacks start to topple.  Then it's time to do something.  Why do I wait until it's a disaster?  Heck, I don't know.  I love it when it looks like this but I guarantee you, by Sunday I'll have a mess again.  Oh, well, that's just me and this is the only place in the house that gets like that so I guess it should be OK.

That's all the joy I have to spread for now.  Until later.

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry Kathy your desk ,makes me feel at home ,your trousers sound nice versatile colour too ,Have a lovely thanks giving ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Kasey, hugs from the girls & me...Angel & Sweets have the same problem! {{}}
Glad to hear the party went well. WOO HOO!
Have a lovely day shopping. :)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Your desk sounds alot like my desk, only its usually other peoples mail, c.d.s ect that end up on my desk, when there isnt enough room for my things, I clear it all of polish it like mad tell everyone to find some other place to store their things, only to find a couple of days later that things are gradually creeping back on to it again, its good to catch up with old friends and have a good old natter about the things that have been happening,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Well, since you have confessed about what your desk looks like, I will have to say we are alike...there is so much insignificant trash strewn all over, that I actually lose the important stuff!  Makes me crazy!  I clean it all up, it looks beautiful, and then...well...it looks the same in about a week!  Could be because this is the center of my social circle, so I spend the majority of my time right here, parked in front of my cluttered desk!  Glad to know there are others like me out there!  That salad dressing sounds wonderful...Jae

Anonymous said...

My desk is pilked high with all sorts of trash! I tidy it every so often and feel very saintly but a day otr two later it looks a mess again! Glad you were able to catch up with friends at the jewellery party. Have a good weekend! Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/