Monday, November 20, 2006

35 Years Ago Today

Thirty five years ago today, Dennis and I were married.  I was 22 and he was 25 (turning 26 within 3 weeks).  I'll never forget my maternal grandmother saying, "I'm glad you waited until later in life to get married."  LMAO!!!  Later in life!!!  I was 22!!!  I will say that in 1971 a lot of my friends got married right out of high school.  Several girls even got engaged during their senior year in high school.  My gosh, I would have smacked Cari if she thought about getting engaged at 17 years old.  It just seems so young today. 

When I went downstairs this morning, there were beautiful flowers on the table along with a lovely anniversary card.  My husband thought ahead and went shopping yesterday.  I was so touched and a bit embarrassed because I hadn't been out to get his card yet.  I usually beat him to the punch.

Tonight we had dinner at a nice restaurant called Kings Fish House.  He had swordfish and I had filet mignon.  It was delicious.  After dinner we were going to see a movie but neither of us felt like sitting thru a 2 hour flick so we went to Kohl's and bought picture frames for the pictures I just had taken of the kids.  I found a beautiful sweater for my mother for Christmas.  I think she is going to love it. 

We are going to Disneyland on Thursday - Thanksgiving Day to complete our celebration.  We are really looking forward to spending the day in the Magic Kingdom and just being kids ourselves.  I hope the weather is a bit cooler than it has been the past few days.  It's been in the upper 80's - low 90's.  How are we supposed to get excited about the Holidays when it's this hot?

I'll be sure to take pictures on Thursday and I'll scan one of our wedding pictures to post over the weekend so you can see what babies we were.  

It was a very nice evening with my sweetheart.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, glad that you had a enjoyable day, enjoy yourself in Disneyland look forward to hearing all about it and seeing the photos,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!  Yes, 22 seems so young for marriage doesn't it.  My daughter is 23 and I keep telling her not to worry, the right man will come along that she is still  YOUNG.  I had a couple of classmates who got married during their senior year of high school!  Most however waited until after graduation.  I felt ancient at 25 when I got married.  Now I think back, and wonder what WAS the rush!  However, my first wasn't a man like your Dennis.  I wish you two many more Anniversaries filled with happiness and love.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!  I can sympathsize with the warm temps.  It doesn't feel like the holiday season here in Phoenix, either.
Happy Thanksgiving, in case I don't make it back here before then.
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Avery Happy Aniversary Kathy and Lester ,and many happy returns of the day ,I am looking forward to your pictures ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Kathy! :)  Glad you both had a great time!  I graduated in 1971... was married in 1972, and had Brian in 1974.  I was barely 19 when I got married, and barely 21, when Brian was born!  It seems that back then thats what we girls did.  Get married and have babies.  I look at my 22 year old daughter and remember back to how I was married with a baby at her age!  Lord how times change, huh? :)

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!  rose~