Saturday, November 11, 2006

Pictures Are Here

I got the Proof Book with all of the pictures taken at Andrew's 2 year picture shoot.  I've posted a few that I scanned last night.   I'm taking the book down to Bryan and Shannon's tomorrow so they can pick out a pose for the 11 x 14 that we are giving them for Christmas.  It will be a black and white and then hand tinted like the ones I had done of Megan and Nathan when they were two.  It's going to be a tough decision because there are several really good pictures of Andrew that would be great as his portrait.  I'll post the one the choose later this week.

I'm going to get 3  4 x 6's (1 of each child) for a frame I bought for my parents for Christmas.  I'll get a 5 x 7 of each of them for my collection and I'll let my sister pick out what she wants, too.  I'm getting a free 8 x 10 and I think I'll let Bryan and Shannon pick out one of the pictures with all three kids together and give that to them as well.

This afternoon, we are going to the 80th Birthday Celebration for Dennis' mentor and first boss, Milt Lockett.  Dennis started working for Milt when he was in college and stayed working in his office for 9 years before going out on his own.  We have to give this man credit for helping us achieve the life we have today.  Milt inspired Dennis to open his own office when he decided to partially retire.  At that time, he turned over about 30% of his regular business to Dennis which gave him a HUGE start.  It enabled me to quit my job and stay home with Bryan and then with Cari when she was born a few years later. 

When we were first married and really struggling financially, every once in a while, Milt would give Dennis an envelope with $50 in it and tell him, "Take Kathy out to dinner."  He was always so thoughtful and kind to both of us.  More like a Dad than a boss.

We are really looking forward to seeing him today and paying tribute to such a great guy!  Happy Birthday, Milt!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures! I love them! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Janis

Anonymous said...

so awesome!  rose

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures...they are like a work of art...just stunning :)

~Debbie

Anonymous said...

These pictures really are lovely,I  love the one of the little fellow sitting down with out his shoes ,What a lovely boss your husband had ,how nice you are still such good friends ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You have 3 very lovely granchildren, I love the sepia one of Andrew#4 I think it is, what a lovely boss Milt sounded its a pity a few more are not like him
take care lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, those pictures are beautiful!  You're grandchildren are precious, and I love the sepia toned ones.  Especially the way he was dressed and the setting of the picture.  I loved it!  Thank you so much for sharing, Kathy!!

Have fun at the Birthday Party!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures, it will be very hard to choose

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

The photos came out beautifully Kathy, they're such beautiful kids. I love the last one of Andrew staring into the coke bottle! He's so cute. What a wonderful man Milt sounds too, happy 80th birthday Milt! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

love the pics! Those kids are adorable!!!
Did you enjoy the birthday fun? Good food?
hugs, lisa