Monday, November 6, 2006

Success

I had a successful shopping trip this morning.  First I took Dennis' car to the car wash and then I went to WalMart.  They had really nice Christmas cards for $5 a box.  What a savings!  I had to go to the post office so I bought my Christmas stamps while I was there.  They have some pretty snowflake stamps this year so I chose those. 

If anyone wants to exchange Christmas cards, send me an email with your address and I'll send you mine.  That would be fun.  For those in the UK I'll need to get yours in the mail early so it reaches you in time for the holiday.

It's hard to think about Christmas when it's 92 degrees outside.  How are we supposed to start getting in the Holiday spirit when it feels like we should be heading to the beach?

The tile guy is here.  The job will be finished tomorrow.  I haven't been upstairs to see his progress.  I'll wait until he goes home to take a look.  Dennis has been up there twice and he's pleased with the workmanship.  If he's happy, I know I will be happy, too.

There's another brush fire today.  This one is due north of here.  When I was out I could smell the smoke.  From news reports it does not seem that this one is nearly as bad as the last one.  Let's hope not! 

Well, that's about it for now.  A quiet day in Southern California.  More soon.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad that you enjoyed your day shopping and that you found some cheaper christmas cards, good idea about sending cards to each other,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Heat...  fires......  You are right..  how are we, in California, supposed to get into the holiday spirit?  It can just pass me right on by (the holidays, that is),  and I could care less.

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Christmas Cards!  I do want to exchange; I will e-mail my address and you can send yours!  Hope the job is beautiful!  Jae

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if anyone even exchanges Christmas cards anymore!  I know none of my family sends them out ... and only a few friends.  You can bet your getting my address!  I also look forward to adding you to my list. :-)

What part of S. CA are you from? I was born and raised in Santa Monica and Ojai. I want to go back and explore around so bad - my ex wouldn't go to S. CA - said it was filled with gangs.  (Sheesh)  

Monica

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the tiler is doing a good job! I'd love a card from you, I'll send my address tonight! Have a good day. Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

So pleased you were able to find some cards at a sensible price ,dont forget the pictures when the tiling is complete ,.,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, there's Christmas cards and Christmas stamps already?  Heavens!

Krissy