Tuesday, November 28, 2006

No Sprinkles Today

The sun is out but it is quite chilly this morning.  The last time I checked the temperature it was only 48 degrees.  I suppose  those of you who are trudging thru snow are shaking your heads and thinking, "that's not cold!"  LOL  We'll to this Southern California girl, it's too cold for my bones.

I picked up my old computer from The Geek Squad yesterday.  they cleaned it, put in a new hard drive and re-installed Windows XP Professional.  It runs great.  The only thing I cannot figure out how to change is the small images on the monitor.  I need magnifying glasses to read the monitor.  I've gone into the control panel to try to fix it but I haven't had any luck.  Do any of you computer geniuses know how to adjust the size of the images?  Any help would be appreciated.  If I have to, I will take it back to Best Buy and see if they can adjust it.

While I was at Best Buy, I bought a set of nice Walkie-Talkies for Nathan for Christmas.  They have a 10 mile range and are guaranteed for 2 years.  I got an extended warranty because I'm giving them to a child.  If he leaves them out in the sun or rain, they can be replaced.  The family does a lot of camping and it would be nice if they had a set of these when they go out.  I also went to Target and finished my shopping for him there.  I got him some small Star Wars characters and a large Power Ranger that he has been wanting.  He's such a dude.  LOL  He wanted the Light Saber but it has a plastic cylinder that shoots out of the handle like the lazer light and I can just see someone getting hurt.  I'm such the worrier when it comes to toys like that.   Now I have to finish buying for Andrew and I'll be done buying for the grandchildren.

It is so hard to know what to get Andrew because he just had a birthday and got so many fun toys and a closet full of clothes.  I will come up with something fun.  It has to be interactive and able to take his rough and tumble abuse. 

I'm driving into Yorba Linda (about 25 miles west of here) to meet my good friend, Dianne for lunch.  She and her husband went to Alaska with us this past summer.  We always have such a good time together. 

On the way home, I have to stop at Costco to pick up a few things and then I'll be back home where it's safe and warm.

Until later.....................

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck sorting out your computer,Nathan will have such alot of fun with the walkie talkies ,a good idea for their camping trips ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The walkie talkies are always fun to have.  Hope you get the computer problem taken care of.  I know it's supposed to be an easy fix but, I'm clueless.

Monica

Anonymous said...

BRRRR. Best of luck with your computer. I have no ideal, as I'm VERY tech challenged. :)
Walkie Talkies sound like fun, bet he likes them.
Have fun at lunch with your friend, & shopping afterwards. :D
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

BRRRR. Best of luck with your computer. I have no ideal, as I'm VERY tech challenged. :)
Walkie Talkies sound like fun, bet he likes them.
Have fun at lunch with your friend, & shopping afterwards. :D
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I am loving this cold(er) weather here in our normally sunny and HOT southern California!  I wish it would get colder!   I hate the heat!   H.A.T.E it! lol  I thought this cold front was never gonna get here!

I hope you enjoy your visit with your friend!!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

We are FREEZING out here in Washington!
I hope your computer is all better, now!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Friend Bob is still in Pasadena, when I talked to me today he said his family there were all complaining about the very cold weather.  But...they also watched the Seahawks & Greenbay football game last night from Seattle and saw the snow falling.   Linda in brrrrrrrr cold, snowy Washington

Anonymous said...

yep it's 30 and 6 inches of snow out here!  rose~

Anonymous said...

Have you tried pressing down the Ctrl key then pressing on the mouse wheel and turning it, that normally makes the images and writing bigger, hope it works! 48 is definitely cold, I can't stand weather under 60 degrees! Jeannette xx