Wednesday, November 15, 2006

In My Opinion

In my opinion, there are certain news stories that do not deserve front page attention.  There is one on AOL today that flashes each time I log on with a picture of one of the most disgusting people on the face of this earth who is about to do something that is so sick and evil that I cannot believe it is getting the attention it is.  I have to click off the welcome screen so I'm not subjected to his face.  The evil animal I am writing about is OJ Simpson.  I am not going to dignify his twisted plans by even writing about it here.  If you haven't heard, you can read about it. 

 I guess I should not be surprised that AOL would cover such a story.  Their news has slipped into the same bracket as the National Inquirer lately.  They are covering more celebrity trash than ever before and the site, TMZ.com, that AOL takes you to when you click on a news story about a well known person is usually just gossip and garbage.

I used to think that AOL was pretty good at covering news and current events but the longer I'm a member the more I realize they replay the same articles over and over, their news coverage is word-for-word what I read in the newspaper, and there is nothing fresh or innovative about it at all.

It's time for me to use this as a means to get to my journal and correspond with my friends and family, to do some shopping from time to time and that's about it.  I'll get my news, information, and other important stuff from other sources.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems so many people want to read this kind of garbage so the "news" gives it to them. If no one read it, they'd stop putting it out there.
I agree with you! :)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I saw that article too, Kathy, and felt the same way.  I did read it, because I wanted to see what the heck he was up to now.  Writing a book to talk about HOW he would do it, IF he had done it!  I certainly hope that book flops!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, the first thing that I do is switch of the welcome page when I am on line, I dont read newspapers or watch the news on t.v.
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

I hear ya!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Yes In the UK  we have news on the welcome page,and like you go there then journals etc ,.,.,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

AOL sucks,

lj

Anonymous said...

I don't look at the news on AOL, but I just wish they would get all the other things fixed.  I almost went out and bought a new puter thinking it was that.  Now I know it AOHeLL.
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I didn't/couldn't read the article, I found the idea of his book repulsive.

Monica

Anonymous said...

I don't read papers or the AOL news on the welcome screen, I find most news nowadays is too much into sensationalism. As I have no TV I don't know who most of the celebrities are they write about either! Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/