Sunday, October 22, 2006

Summer-like Sunday

It is absolutely beautiful here today.  It's almost 90 degrees with clear skies, a light breeze, and no haze.  We're having what we call a Santa Ana Condition.  That's when the winds come out of the desert and blow toward the ocean.  It warms us up and pushes all the haze and pollution out of the air.  Today is one of those perfect days when the winds aren't blowing hard ~ they are just strong enough to create this lovely day. 

Around 10:30 this morning, Dennis and I drove to the furniture store to pick up two more chairs for our dining room set.  The store is in Rancho Cucamonga (yes, there really is a Cucamonga, LOL) which is up against the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.  When we left to come home, we headed south on the freeway and I think we could see almost 80 miles in all directions.  If the Corona mountains hadn't been in the way, we probably could have seen all the way to the ocean.  It was spectacular.  It's days like this that remind me why I like living in Southern California. 

I want to ask anyone who has sold anything on EBay to give me some feedback on how easy is it to set up an account and if it's worth the trouble.  I have a large amount of things that I think would sell but I'm kind of intimidated about the process.  I'd just like to hear from anyone who has some experience before deciding to go forward or to just give up the idea.  Thank you!

I'm going to go upstairs and do my ironing.  It is my least favorite chore to do so I have a very large pile of things that require ironing.  I save it up and do it all at once.  I'll put on some music and rock out while I work.  That may make the time go faster. 

Until later..............................   ô..ô

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, stop showing off with your weather Kathy! We have gales, torrential rain and thunderstorms here, wanna swap?! I've never done ebay so can't help you there. I hope you get the stuff sold. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hi  Kathy,  I've been selling & buying on eBay since January 1999.  It's really very easy, the main thing to remember is; the buyer pays for shipping, and I only take PayPal (you have to get signed up with them too.) or Postal Money orders, and you ALWAYS have the payment BEFORE you ship anything.  I limit money orders to the ones from the Post Office, because when you go there to mail your package, you can endorse them & after the postage fee is paid, the P.O. gives you the change.  They don't cost much more than the money orders from anywhere else, so it shouldn't be that much hassel for the buyer.   Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

sounds like heaven on earth where you are! I hate to iron too and i do not know a thing about Ebay.
hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh my, almost 90?  Aren't you the fortunate one!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

90? Wow.....amazing! Living in Michigan, you can imagine what it was here.....cold and rainy, UGH!
I have bought and sold on eBay for years and love it.....very easy. Just make sure to accept PayPal, money orders, or checks with clearing condition before mailing product. I have only had a few problems over the years, it's a great way to move things and you can find anything you wish to buy. One word of caution however.......it is ADDICTIVE!!!!!!! Just remember you heard that here first :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Cant help you on the Ebay thingy never done it ,but looks like you have some good advice ,90 would be a record here in the UK ,hope the ironing went OK  its so nice when its all done ,but in that heat ugh ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It is in the 50's here and very damp and gloomy

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,  What lovely weather you`re having, it sounds perfect. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh I am freezing it's 29 here!!  I love California!!!  And I love ironing, especially if I have a good hot iron and some spray starch, can I come over!   rose