Sunday, October 8, 2006

SKUNKED

1:34 a.m. PST

I was sound asleep when the nasty scent of a skunk filtered into my room through the open window and woke me up.  Of course, Kasey hit the ground running and growling.  She was out the doggie door before I could even think about stopping her.

Bark, bark, bark! 

I grabbed my robe and followed her downstairs.  Luckily she didn't get sprayed.  The 'evil doer' let go of it's nasty spray somewhere else in the neighborhood and we just had the misfortune of having to smell it.

There are only a few things that smell any worse than skunk spray and they are too disgusting to even mention here.  If I could get rid of all of those cute little creatures I would do it in a minute!  Oh, I don't mean I'd kill them!  I'd have them trapped and send them to live in a forest somewhere where they could spray and not offend another human being.  It's such a shame that something that cute could smell that awful.

The stench has passed so I'm going back to bed with a hope and a prayer that the little rodant has toddled his black and white ass out of the area for the night.

Good night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They certainly do smell Kathy! I'd never smelt one before, then a few years ago we were driving on a bus through Wyoming, I think, and the bus suddenly filled with the most awful stench I'd ever smelt. Our tour guide said it was the smell of a skunk coming through the air conditioning! To have it blasted at you like that is something I'll always remember! Hope you get back to sleep! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Poor Kathy and Kasey ,I have never smelt a skunk so can only imagine what its like !......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I know of what you speak when you mention the word skunk!  We actually don't have too many (or at least I don't smell them) here where I am, but when I used to work at the hospital.... OH Boy!  Nearly every night you would get that lovely smell wafting through the vents of the hospital!  Nasty!  That has got to be one of the worst smells ever!!  

Glad you finally got back to sleep!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,  We don`t have skunk over here in the UK but I`ve heard the smell is dreadful.  I can only imagine how bad it is! :o(

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh yuk !!  There are none in my neighborhood (at least I don't think there are). But there are  lots of racoons and opossums even in my yard.  However, in driving at night on rural roads...I have had the displeasure  of encountering a relative of your little "friend"  in that way. (No, I didn't hit one, somebody else had done it). I hear tomato juice (lots of it) works in getting the smell off, if Kasey ever gets tangled up with one. Hope you were able to get a good nights sleep.  Linda in Washington  

Anonymous said...

yikes!  growing up my best friend lived in an apartment building that a skunk let his odor in ... they tried to clean it but for years when it rained it smelled like perfumed skunk!  rose~