Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pregnant Turkey?

     With Thanksgiving approaching and the talk of Fall, Pumpkins, Turkeys, and festivities starting, I wanted to share a story my friend, Christy, emailed to me this morning.   I got such a kick out of it and I will admit that I gave a lot of thought to who I could play this trick on:

PREGNANT TURKEY STORY
 
  One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's
  house for the traditional feast.
 
  Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to
  play a trick.
 
  She told my sister that she needed something from
  the store.
 
  When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of
  the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish
  hen,and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed
  the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the
  oven.
 
  When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the
  turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the
  stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she
  reached in and pulled out the little bird.
 
  With a look of total shock on her face, my mother
  exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant
  bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my
  sister started to cry.
 
  It took the family two hours to convince her that
  turkeys lay eggs!
 
   
I guess I will have to wait until Cari fixes her first turkey dinner to enjoy this joke.  Of course, she will know it's a hoax and who is behind it.  I hope I'm still able to out run her!  LOL


 
  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Got a real hoot out of this!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hilarious ,oh what a naughty Mum .,.,.,lol Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Someone sent that to me, also, and I found it so cute!  I am not blonde, but I swear if I went to take stuffing from a turkey that I had NOT prepared, I might have wondered myself about it's contents! lol

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

too funny !!!!   Linda in WA  

Anonymous said...

Lol, love that story.  It would never have occured to me to do something like that.  Very funny but I bet she felt awful at the time.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I like all these funny stories going around on the internet! That was a good one, Hope you get to play it on Cari! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

LOLOL...that was so funny Kathy! ;o))))

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

OMG - Hilarious!  
This is your Trick or Treat from me.  Stop by and say Boo!
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/entries/2006/10/12/trick-or-treat-through-j-land/719
Tracy

Anonymous said...

This is such a funny story. Reminds me of when we decided to play an April fool joke on my son, Dan, when he was about 12. We told him a juvenile officer was coming to see him because his cousin got caught shoplifting and said Dan put him up to it!  Well, talk about fooled, it did take three of us, his sister, his bab y sitter, and me two hours to cinvince him it was April fool!  We learned our lesson!  Gerry