Thursday, October 5, 2006

It's Already Thursday!

I haven't typed an entry since Sunday.  I've sat down to do it a few times but something has come up to interrupt me and I just haven't been able to get 'er done. 

Den's step-mom went home to Boise on Tuesday.  We sure had a good time while she was here.  Talk about easy to have around!  She was delightful.  Always happy, positive, and she enjoyed everything we planned. 

Yesterday I spent the day with my DIL, Shannon, packing up her kitchen, downstairs bathroom and pantries.  Her sister-in-law was there to help, too, which was nice.  We got a lot done.  I'm on call between now and the 14th/15th when they make the big move to help with anything that needs to be done. 

Today, I went shopping for my sister's birthday present.  I found a pair of Mystic Ice Topaz ear rings in 14k gold for her.  I bought a pair for myself in Alaska (where they call the stone Aurora Lights Topaz)   When she saw them she really liked them so I decided to get a pair for her:

 They are this color stone but in triangular shape setting.   She has green/blue eyes so I know they will look nice on her.  I think I may get another pair for my Mom's birthday which is a week after my sister's.

I made an appointment to have Andrew's 2 year portrait taken.  I have made this a tradition starting with Megan.  On my grandchildren's 2nd birthday, I have made an appointment with a photographer to have a special picture taken.  I then have it done in black and white tones and have it hand tinted using oil based chalks.  They have come out beautiful.  The photographer has old fashioned clothing and props she uses to make the pictures look antique and the kids have enjoyed their time with her.  When I had Nathan's done, I took Megan along and she took some of them together, too.  This time I will have her take some of all three together after Andrew's individual session is done. I posted 2 pictures from Megan's session as an example of her work.

Well, it's about time to light the bbq and get dinner on the table.  Cari and Sam are eating dinner with us tonight which is always nice.  I'll close for now but will return sometime in the near future with another not so exciting entry.

ô..ô

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you when I was reading about you packing up Shannon's house, I read it as "packing up her kitchen, downstairs bathroom and PANTIES"!!!!  I thought, wow....how many pairs of panties does she have????? ROLMAO!!!
The pictures of Megan are BEAUTIFUL.....what awesome work they do! I bet Andrews will be precious too since he's such a cutie :) Hope you had a nice dinner with Cari & Sam.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little girl!  And those earrings are amazing...she will love them, I am sure!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kathy, she is so cute!!!  What a doll!  I can't wait to see the next one you have done of them both!  Thanks for sharing!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Kathie Megan is lovely ,I look forward to seeing the latest ones .You are going to be busy helping with the move I really like the earings,and I'm sure she will ,,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

such a pretty grandaughter, I love the black and white one of her,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea!  I always LOVE pictures of the kiddos!  rose

Anonymous said...

thats a bueatiful stone but not near as beautiful as those pictures