Saturday, October 14, 2006

Moving Day

Today we helped my son and his family move.  Oh, what a day!  I've never seen such organized team work in my life.  Like a swarm of worker ants, we carried boxes out of the old house and into the new one.  By 4:00 this afternoon, 90% of the boxes had been unpacked, all the beds had been put back together and were made, most of the kitchen was put a way, and even pictures and other decorative items had been hung.  There are still some things to do, of course, but we go a lot done.  We all had a good time, too.  Everyone worked just as hard as the next guy.  I didn't hear anyone complain or fuss.  The kids were even happy and well behaved today.  It was amazing.  The weather was remarkable.  On my way there, it rained heavily for quite a ways but as soon as I started going south on the freeway and got to within 10  miles of Bryan's, the sun was out and it was beautiful.  The dark clouds came and went and there were times when it rained a little but it was always when we were all inside and there was no furniture being moved in and out. 

I'm going back on Tuesday to go with Shannon to her next ultrasound.  I'm planning to spend the day and help finish putting in the shelf paper where needed and doing whatever she needs me to do.  I'm looking forward to it!

                                       * * * * *

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I move, let me borrow your crew, LOL.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Glad that everything went well with the move, wish we'd been that organised when we moved
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

So pleased the move went so well ,team work A? its good when something this big goes well ,they are lucky to have you ,are you looking forward to Tuesday ?I would be ,hope you have a good day ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the rain held off for the move. Sounds like you have a good team there for moving stuff, are you for hire?! Lol! Have a nice peaceful Sunday. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

you guys did ag reat job getting him moved sounds like

Anonymous said...

Lots of hard work but you all pulled together. Bet you are glad it is done.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say that moving day was pleasant!!!  Somebody did a great job!!!  Jae

Anonymous said...

moving day is always a lot easier with help !  glad you could do it!  rose~

Anonymous said...

I`m so glad that everything went well with the move.  I`ll bet you`re glad it`s over now.

Sandra xxxx