Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Oh, My Gosh, I'm In!!

Hello!  I am finally able to post an entry.  I can't believe it!  My AOL software has taken a dive.  I cannot log on through normal channels.  Thank goodness I downloaded their new OpenRide because that is how I managed to get in here today. 

I have ordered a new computer which will be here later next week.  I should be up and running normally (if I can ever be considered normal LOL) very soon.  I have spent the past 2 days backing up pictures and documents onto CD's so I won't lose them in the transition.  As soon as everything is moved over and accounted for, I will have a professional delete everything on this computer and restore it to factory condition.  If it runs well after that, I'm going to give it to my son.  They have an old Compaq that is slower than sap.  This one, when things are working, runs pretty fast.

It's been very warm - in the upper 80's and lower 90's.  We are ready for Fall weather.  Our sweaters are out of their storage bags and ready to be worn!  Since I have been without my access to AOL, I will admit I've been more productive around here.  My ironing is caught up, the bathrooms are clean and spotless, all the dusting is done, and the laundry hamper is empty.  After is post this, I'm off the have the car washed and I need to go to Costco to get some meat and chicken.  My freezer is bare.

My sister's golden retriever is very ill.  She has a tumor of some kind under her tongue that keeps her from swallowing.  She has a high fever and is very weak.  She's at the vet today having a biopsy on the tumor.  The vet thinks it could be a foxtail or a big splinter because she eats grass and picks up big sticks at the dog park and chews on them.  We are praying it is something he can get out and clean up and not something terrible that might take her life.  She's 11 years old and such a sweet dog.  I'm very worried about her.  My sister and her husband don't have children so you can imagine their attachment to Grace. 

That's it for now.  I probably won't be visiting many journals until this computer glitch is under control.  I sure miss y'all!

Hugs!             ô..ô

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you not visiting. Good luck with the new computer, sure you will be thrilled with it.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for Grace.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Jeannette said you were having problems hope they are resolved soon ,prayers for Grace ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope Grace is OK Kathy, poor soul. We all love our pets so much and worry over them as if they're kids. It's nice to see you back even if it is temporarily! I hope you manage to get everything backed up on CD. Look forward to seeing you on your new computer soon! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Did you do the happy dance when you got through to post? LOL! It was nice having you back....you are so missed. Poor little Grace, I'm praying for her.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~