Saturday, October 7, 2006

A Brighter Day

My wish came true!  I woke up feeling like my spunky old self this morning!  Thanks to a good nights sleep and 2 Aleve.   Ahhh, one can surely appreciate good health after a day like yesterday.  I'm going to take it easy today, though.  If I over do it, I may be sorry.

I got to talk to one of my favorite cousins this morning.  Dr. Frannie!  She's has a PhD in Industrial Psychology and up until a year ago worked for the U.S. Air Force as a civilian contractor.  Her job was so complicated that I just have a basic understanding of what she did and I'm not even going to try to explain it.  LOL  She's married to Dr. Dr. Jim who has 2 PhD's in what the heck I don't even know it's so complicated.  He works for the U.S. Air Force, NASA, and contracts with other agencies he can't talk about.  Wooooooo.  LOL   They are both so brilliant it's almost scary but they are down to earth and wonderful.  I love them both to pieces.  They are gourmet cooks, love to travel, and Jim is a wonderful photographer.  He has children from a previous marriage and 2 grandchildren that they love to visit and spoil but they chose not to have children together because of their careers and other priorities.  We think any children from their combined gene pools would be so smart that it would be dangerous. There's not a head big enough to hold brains that big!  LOL 

Sometime I should write about all of my cousins.  I have an interesting assortment of them, 15 in all.  I had 17 at one time but 2 have passed away.  There are some very interesting characters in the bunch; some highly educated and successful, a few eccentrics, and an idiot or two (LOL).  Frannie is in the highly educated group and she's up at the top of the list if I put them in order of my favorites first.

I'm off to read some journals before I get lost in the day.

Until later                             ô..ô

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it easy & have a nice weekend.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. It would be interesting to read about your cousins.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I have great cousins too and am close to most of them, since our parents were close and we all spent time together when us cousins were growing up.  Linda in WA    

Anonymous said...

I`m glad that you are feeling better today.  Wow, you certainly have some clever cousins.  They must have such busy lives. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I am  so pleased you are feeling better ,Your cousin and her husband sound interesting people ,and yes would love to hear more about your family ,sometime ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I can always tell when you are feeling better, because that witty, silly personality comes out, and I love it!  You are so cute!  And funny!  I love the way you describe things!

So glad you are feeling better! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

ah I take naproxin daily and it works wonders for me too. Im glad your feeling better