Sunday, October 15, 2006

Busy Day

This gray is the color of the sky today.  It looked like it might rain but we didn't get a drop in our area so Dennis had to turn on the sprinklers this afternoon. 

We have been looking for a new dining room set for almost 2 years to replace the one we bought about 22 years ago.  We get serious about it, go out looking, get frustrated because we can't find what we like and then give up for a few months.  It seems like when we have the cash to buy it we can't find one we like and when we don't have the cash we see one we love.  Isn't that always the way? 

Today we went to a huge store about 25 miles north of here to look around and to our surprise, they had just what we have been looking for.  It's a Mission Style set that extends so that it seats 10 easily if necessary.  The chairs are comfortable and sturdy and it has a nice buffet cabinet to match.  We couldn't believe it.  We should be getting it in about 2 weeks.  Now we have to figure out what to do with our old set.  It was fun going through that big store.  They have beautiful furniture and accessories.  When I got home, I wanted to throw all of my furniture out in the street and buy new things.  LOL   Of course that isn't going to happen so I got over it real fast and felt very satisfied with what I WAS able to buy today.

After shopping, we got home, had lunch and then I went up into my sewing/craft room and started cleaning it out.  The moving experience yesterday got me in the mood to start going through closets and clearing out things I just don't use or need anymore.  I worked for 2 1/2 hours on the closet, large cabinet and a book case.  There were 3 large bags of trash when I was finished.  Tomorrow I will sort through all the cabinets above my sewing table.  I want to make enough room so I can bring up a bunch of stuff out of my office closet which is close to over flowing.

It sure felt good to be productive for myself and my home.  I hope I can finish the project tomorrow. 

Until Later                      ô..ô

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your productiveness.  And the table sounds gorgeous!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were a busy girl.  I finally got a new dining room table about 3 years ago.  They old one was so wobbly, I wa afraid it would hold up the food or plates when I had company.  I wasn't able to spend very much $$ however so hav been very careful with it.  Mine is a light oak pedestal table and I have a pretty lace table cloth on it...so it at least looks nice.   Happy cleaning...Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

I love that feeling when you finally are able to accomplish a big project (cleaning) or a successful shopping trip.  congrats!  rose

Anonymous said...

The table sounds wondeful! :)
You sound sooo busy, wow wish I could get that much done!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,  Our weather has been very sunny and warm, very unusual fro the UK in October, though we are forecast rain from tomorrow onwards. Isn`t it alwways the way when you have the cash there`s nothing there and when you haven`t......! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Yournew dining room suite sounds great ,isnt it nice to find just what you are looking for ,Well done having a blitz in your sewing room ,you will work so much better for having had a sort out ,and dont you feel good ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally found what you wanted! It's nice to finally find what you're looking for! I hope you get to finish clearing out, it does make you realise how much stuff you hang on to! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

hope we get to see a picture!  Goood job on the cleaning!  Jae