Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Week Ahead

Den and I are getting up early in the morning.  He has a colonoscopy scheduled for 7:00.  He's been fasting all day and this afternoon has been drinking the prep solution to out clean his system.  Poor guy.  I'm totally impressed.  He hasn't complained once.  On Wednesday, he has a 9 a.m. appt. with his M.D. to get the results of all the tests he's had done this past month for this complete physical exam.  We are not expecting any bad news.  He was 60 in December and it's just time he went through all of these screenings to be sure he's as fit as he looks.  I ate a small dinner in my office tonight.  I would have felt a little guilty having a meal in front of him after he's gone all day without so much as a bite of anything.

We are baseball fans!  We have had season tickets to the Angel games for three years.  Our team has been on the road for a while but they are opening a home stand tomorrow night.  We sold our tickets for tomorrow but we will be there Tuesday for sure.  We have come to know many of the other season ticket holders who sit around us and I will be sharing some of the things that go on during the games as the season progresses.

Our friend, Jeff invited us to buy tickets with him.  Since he is disabled and uses a wheelchair, we have seats in the disabled section.  Jeff and his companion dog, Howard are there most of time.  It's amazing to me that Howard (a 10 year old, highly trained Golden Retriever) can sleep through all the noise and commotion going on around him but if Jeff rolls his chair back one inch, he is up and ready to go.  He is a very sweet dog. 

The behavior of some fans, especially after drinking a lot of beer, can be colorful and lively, to say the least.  It's especially lively when the Yankees or when the Boston Red Sox are in town.  There are almost as many NY and Boston fans in the stadium as there are Angel fans and that leads to some rather heated interactions.   I can't wait to write about some of the characters we have met and the things that happen around us.

Go Angels! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Den's tests go well for him. Howard sounds a wonderful devoted dog. I hope you enjoy the game on tuesday.
Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Wishing Den well with all his tests.  That dog sounds wonderful, such intelligent creatures.  We do not have baseball here but know what you mean about fans because of football matches

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well for Den ,you are sweet eating lunch at the office ,Jeff sounds as though he has a good friend in Howard ,Looking forward to your account of the interesting people around you..........Jan xx http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for the invite! Have enjoyed reading and have put you on alerts. Hope all went/goes well with the colonoscopy.
Pop by and see me sometime, love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/

Anonymous said...

Hope that goes well for Den!
Howard sounds like a sweetie, guess you know how i feel about dogs if you've been to my Furr Babies journal! the link is on my side bar ;0)
Have a good week,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathy,  Thanks for inviting me to read your private journal.  I will put you on alerts and I look forward to your next entry.  I hope all goes well with the colonscopy for Den.

Sandra xxxx

http://journals.aol.com/labdancer51/SandrasScribbles/

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well for Den