Thursday, April 13, 2006

From "L" to "M" - Oh, Happy Day

   I really enjoy writing this journal.  It is giving me a creative outlet and helping me express things that have been swirling around inside of me for some time. 

   I went to Kohl's today hoping to find something to wear on Easter Sunday when we go to dinner at Mrs. Knott's at Knott's Berry Farm.  The neatest thing happened!  I found a cute outfit and it was on sale for 40% off.  Wow!  I love when that happens.  I was even happier when I tried it on and the size "L" pants were too big and I had to buy a "M".  That has never happened before.  I will admit they have an elastic waist and stretch real well, but they do look nice and I'm very proud of myself for finally fitting into an M of any kind.  When I got to the check out, the clerk asked if I was a senior (over 55) and when I said yes, she informed me that they were having a special additional 15% discount for seniors SO I got the outfit and two cute t-shirts for $57.  Holy Cow am I a shopper or what?  I left there feeling pretty darn proud of myself for fitting into a new (and smaller) size and for saving big bucks on my purchase. Little things mean so much.  

No comments: