Friday, April 21, 2006

Journal Reading........the addiction

I can't believe how many journals I've been reading the past few days.  I feel like a Peeping Tom invading the private lives of people I don't know.  I shouldn't feel this way because these are Public Journals open for anyone to read.  There are a lot of very creative writers in J-Land, as it's called.  Some very interesting people from all parts of the country dealing with a huge variety of life's circumstances.  Many are grieving the loss of fellow journaler, Pamela who died of cancer this past week.  She must have been a very special person because I've read tributes to her in almost every journal I've opened. 

Issues like alcoholism, divorce, and abuse to home schooling, gardening, and missing a son who is serving in the Army in Iraq are being written about by AOL Journalers daily. It's therapy.  It's a place where people can unload about someone just to get it off their chests.  I have to hand it to the Public Journal Writers for being brave enough to open their lives up for others to see.  I went public for a few days but it was too uncomfortable for me and I closed it down and made it private.  I don't have that much trust.  I'll invite people to read mine as I go along.  One step at a time.  : )

No comments: