Friday, April 21, 2006

Transfer from Attitude is Everything #2

Thursday, April 20, 2006
5:14:26 PM EDT
Feeling Chillin'
Hearing The whirrrrrr of the fan.  It's warm in my office this afternoon.
Edit Entry Delete Entry
Introduction Continued

My trip to see Dad went well.  The traffic was light both ways which is an amazing gift.  Thank you, God!!  Bernice was there which was nice.  I always enjoy visiting with her.  Good news!  Dad actually ate a few bites of solid food and drank 4 oz. of juice and 4 oz. of milk.  Way to go, Dad!  He had been refusing solids so his Dr. started him on a medication to stimulate his appetite.  Hopefully it will help some. 

Back to introducing the family:  We have a 7 year old West Highland White Terrier, Kasey.  She is our first dog, actually our first pet, and we have spoiled her with love and attention.  Everyday she does something that makes me laugh and that endears her to me.   She is a love bug!

I don't work outside the home but I do work for my husband.  I run errands, type construction notes, FAX things to contractors, and take care of things around here so he can devote his time to his work.  I enjoy helping him because the more I can do for him, the more time he can spend with me.  It's a win - win thing.  We are a good team.

I'm the oldest of 3 kids.  I have a sister, Carol, who is also my best friend and a brother, Bill, who is 9 years younger than I am.  I don't really have much of a relationship with Bill, sadly enough.  Carol is married and lives on the Central California Coast in a lovely little town.   She and her husband don't have children but they do have a wonderful Golden Retriever, Gracie.  Gracie is a beauty with the temperament of an angel. Carol's husband, KS,  is a successful Real Estate Salesman and one of the smartest people I know.  He's really interesting because he is so different from anyone I've ever known before.  You'll hear more about him later I'm sure.  Bill and his wife don't have children either (which puts me in the most wonderful position of having my parents' only grandchildren!).  My brother works for one of the major soft drink companies and his wife does who knows what.  They have been married over 20 years and in all that time we have been invited to their home twice.  They live about 25 miles from here.  "L" as I will refer to her feels that she married Bill and not his family and she isn't required to extend herself in anyway to us.  (She does, though, allow my parents to visit all day Saturday and Sunday morning when they are in California visiting. They even pay for their motel.  Lucky them!)  We are all pretty happy about that.  It keeps us from having to endure her presence and to deal with her moody bitchiness.  When I see my brother, I meet him half way between his home and mine for lunch.  We enjoy our visit and part ways happy.  Those times are few and far between (I've seen him twice in the past 2 years).  There was a time when I was angry, hurt, and frustrated about the lack of relationship but during one family dinner when "L" was present and making everyone miserable with her behavior, I realized that she was doing us all a huge favor by not being a part of our lives.  If she were around for all the holidays, birthdays, celebrations, etc....... we wouldn't have nearly as much fun.   So, I've come to accept her and appreciate that she stays home and to herself.  Thanks "L"!!!

In the future you'll meet my friends, more family members, and people that cross my path.  It will be fun to share stories about them.  I hope, too, that I can also convey my love for Jesus Christ as I write about my life journey.  He has brought me to this place in my life where I am changing, growing, learning, exploring, trusting myself, reaching out, and seeking to know Him more each day.  Peace be with you today and always.



No comments: