Monday, April 24, 2006

Good News

Den's test went great.  No signs of any serious problems.  He wanted this done as a precaution because he turned 60 in December.  He learned that two of his clients, both younger than him were diagnosed with colon cancer a few months ago. A few years ago, we lost a good friend to the disease when he was just 42 years old.  I'm proud of him for taking care of this now before there are signs of trouble.  His doctor recommends a follow-up in a few years.  Next, it's my turn.  YIKES!!!!          Someone left a comment asking if my test was routine or if I was having problems......  I'm fine, just need to have a the test to be sure.  Colon cancer doesn't present symptoms in the early stages so it's important to get screened.                                                               

My Cari called again this morning.  I guess Amsterdam is out because the price of the airline tickets has gone up too high.  She doesn't want to put it on her credit card (bless her heart!).  They got a great deal to Dublin, Ireland - round trip for 78 Euros.  What a deal!   This will be  her final excursion before coming home (14 days and counting!).

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that the tests are clear.  I hear Dublin is a beautiful city but the weather could be better, it is all so late over here. Tonight it is so misty you cannot see across the road and it is April.  Bet you cannot wait for Cari to get home.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased the tests proved ,he has no serious problems ,its all ways a worry until you have the ok !wHhy are you getting tested ,your ok arent you ?or is it just a precaution ?So Carries off to Ireland begorrah ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad Den is OK and I'm sure you will be too! I hope Cari enjoys Dublin, I've heard it's very nice there, that was a good price she got for the flights too. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear test results ok! Praise God!
Hope to hear good results from yours too, & give all the ekky details, & does it hurt? Will be waiting to hear after you get yours!
Hope Cari likes Dublin, sure she will!
Blessings,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

I`m so pleased that Den`s test was ok.  I thiunk having the test is an excellent idea. :o)

Sandra xxxx