Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Free Day!

Mika is at Disneyland with her best friend's host family today.  She was so excited this morning she could hardly sit still waiting for them to come get her.  I hope she has the best day and gets to go on all the rides she wants to. 

Last night, we took her to a baseball game at Anaheim Stadium.  The Angels lost to the Oakland A's  but we had a good time anyway.  It was a perfect night for sitting outside.  Cool and a light breeze.  Dennis and I took our dinner - salads, as usual.  I wanted Mika to have the traditional baseball dinner of a hot dog, soda and a treat of her choice.  Oh, gosh, she was so cute.  When we got back to our seats after getting the hot dog, Pepsi and Doritos, she opened up the hot dog which she had added ketchup to, and took a picture of it.  She told me, "So I can show my friends and family."  I guess they don't have hot dogs like that in Japan.

She explained that in Japan during a baseball game the fans sing and dance and during the 7th inning stretch they all have balloons.  I didn't quite catch what the do with the balloons but I did hear her say it was  ' very much fun'. 

I'm going to work on a photo album I'm going to send home with Mika so I'll cut this short for today.

Until later..........................   ô..ô

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

a photo album is a sweet idea. yeah that is neat how they have a diffrent custome over there

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Mika will go home with some wonderful memories of her stay in the US and the lovely family who looked after her so well! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Kathy, You are helping Mika make lots of great memories to take home with her!  It's so funny to think that it's exciting to eat a lousy hot dog, isn't it?? lol

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

How much fun to be able to introduce things like that to her!!!  Jae

Anonymous said...

She'll have a blast at Disneyland.  Are they going to California Adventure too?  I know it's been a busy time for you but I'll bet you'll miss her when she's gone.  Watch your mailbox, I sent you another card.  Linda in WA  

Anonymous said...

You are making her so welcome and the photo album is a great idea .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to say hi!  Things with me continue to improve and I see the surgeon on Friday for my first post op knee x-ray to see if the pin is staying in place....if so, I can put full weight on it as tolerated, whooohooooo!!  I haven't been visiting journals this week because my niece,  Julie, has been going through some drama and she's been staying here. Things look better though and she moved back home today so.....keep your fingers crossed. I can't post that in my journal since she reads it, but wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten or abandoned you!! I miss my "normal" journaling and looking forward to my life returning to normal next week with WW, walking, a quiet house & J-land!!! :)  I hope Mika has fun at Disney....but how could she not??? I miss hearing all about you & your family, I have thought of you often.....thanks for the sweet card.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

She'll have such wonderful memories!!!!!
I didn't realize I was on your side bar! So, I've added you to mine too!
Have a good week.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

oh how cute!  rose~