Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday Late Night Edition

Dennis and I went to the Angel game tonight.  It was so nice outside!  It was warm with a light breeze - perfect for a night at the stadium.  It was one of the best games I've seen all season.  The Angels beat the Boston Red Sox 4 - 3 in an action packed thriller.  This will be my last game until after our vacation.  Dennis is going Friday night when the Angels play the Yankees in the first game of a 3 game series.  He's taking our Yankee loving friend, Bob.  It's the night before we leave and I want to be home taking care of last minute things so it's better if he takes a friend - even IF he IS a Yankee fan.  LOL

Tomorrow is Miss Kasey's groom day and then I have a hair cut appointment at 10:00.  After that, I'm going to run a few errands and then come home and do some laundry and ironing.  I'm trying to keep up so I don't have a lot to do on Friday.

I am getting so excited about this trip!  We are flying out of Ontario, CA to Vancouver, B.C. the day before our ship sails.  We wanted to get there a day ahead so we can see Vancouver and be more rested when we leave on Sunday.

We are sailing on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas which is one of their newer ships.  We have a room with a balcony on the 9th deck and our friends are next door.  We booked our excursions months ago so we would be sure to get the ones we wanted.  In Juneau, Dennis is going on a hike.  I can't for the life of me understand why that is so appealing but he's excited.  I'm going with Dianne to Mendenhall Glacier and to the glacier gardens.  This also includes a site seeing tour of Juneau. Mickey is going on a fly-in fly fishing day trip.  He's an avid fisherman so this was his 1st choice of an excursion.

In Skagway, Dennis and I are going to the Eagle Preserve while Mickey and Dianne take a train ride to the Yukon Pass along the gold rush trail.  We did that the last time we went.  It's so interesting to hear the history as you see the beautiful scenery.

In Ketchikan, Dennis and Mickey are going deep sea fishing for salmon.  Dianne and I are getting into a little float plane and flying to Neets, Alaska to watch bears fish salmon out of a river.  It'll be like watching the Discovery Channel LIVE.  This is the one excursion I am most looking forward to. 

It is going to be interesting, too, to see Mendenhall Glacier and Hubbard Glacier again.  I'm wondering how much has changed in 5 years and if we will be able to see the difference. 

I can't wait to share my pictures and adventures in my journal. 

Until later.......                                       ô..ô

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, Kathy!  I can't wait for you to show your pictures, and tell us all about your trip!  It sounds like so much fun!  I love the discovery channel, so being able to watch those bears fishing would be awesome!

I sure hope you have a great time!  I'm sure you will! :)

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

It sounds so exciting Kathy, I'd love to go one day! I can't wait to see pictures of it all! I'm glad the Angels won for you  too! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

What an awesome trip you are taking!  I hope you have loads of fun!  Can't wait for pictures!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I think they told us the Mendenhall shrinks by 300 feet a year (?) seems like a lot to me.  There are salmon in the stream there, already spawning.  When you walk that wooden walkway, thru the woods up to the Visitors Center you can see them in the final days of their lives.  I would imagine there is a lot of bear activity there when there are no tourists around, there was a ranger there standing guard just in case. Well, if you hit rough seas, you'll feel it up on deck 9...you can count on that.     Linda  

Anonymous said...

What an excellent holiday ,and nice you have reached a compromise ,so that you both do things you enjoy ,perfect ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,  The cruise sounds wonderful! :o)

Sandra xxxx