Monday, August 7, 2006

Shopping

I went shopping this morning for a few hours.  I bought a pair of jeans last week and took them back to the store where I bought them to have them hemmed (for free, I might add with a smile).  While there, I tried on another pair of pants, a dress, two tanks, and four tops but didn't buy a thing.  They either weren't just right or were too expensive. 

From there I wandered down the mall to another store were I went bra shopping.  I H A T E shopping for bras.  They never fit right so I have to settle for garmets that are just OK instead of fabulous.  Luckily, they were on sale so I didn't feel as bad as I would have if I'd paid full price.

On my way out of the store, I spotted a cute skirt and sweater set.  I tried it on, liked it a lot so I bought it.  It's fun to buy skirts again after wearing only long pants for far too many years.

Now I need 1 formal outfit, 3 daytime casual outfits and a pair of casual, low-heeled shoes (not tennies) and I'll be set for the trip.  I'm getting there.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate bra shopping too!  I don't think (according to Oprah) than any of us females are wearing the right size bra! lol

Hugs,
jackie

Anonymous said...

I like to wear skirts when I go out as my uniform at work is shirt and pants. I hate bra shopping too! Hope you manage to get the rest of the clothes you want for the trip! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I hate to shop for clothes, shoes...all that stuff.  And I won't try stuff on in the store.  If I like it, I get it in what I think is my size and then bring it home to try on. I'd rather take it back then try to try on clothes in those nasty, little, hot dressing rooms.   I did go once to a Bra Shop (they sell for big busted women and women who need a prostetic for their bra) and get measured.  Now I just buy Platex 18 Hour (with the wide, heavy duty straps) in my size, and I can get them thru Avon.  Linda in WA    

Anonymous said...

Iagree with you and everyone else buying bras is a pain ,however I can usually find something in Marks and Spencers ,do you have them ?shortening the jeans is a good service ,I hope you find the other things you need ,....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I buy all my stuff through catalogues as I cannot get to the shops, saves all that trying on.  Rarely have to send anything back.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Great!  Now you're talking!  rose~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun day and even though you didn't end up getting a lot, you got a few more things crossed off your list for the cruise. I'm excited for you about the skirts too, I can't wait to finally wear a dress again. You make sure to take a picture of you in it too........promise??? :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~