Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Praying Today

Prayers are needed and good thoughts requested.  The people who bought my son's home have backed out on the deal.  Of course, my son feels as if a  huge rug has been pulled from under his feet and he has landed square on his ass.  I can't blame him.  We both cried on the phone the first time we talked this morning.  He said his faith is being tested because a God that truly loved him could not possibly be letting all of these bad things keep happening to him.  We could only talk for another minute because he was on a job site and needed to call his wife about cancelling the house they had just rented to get that huge deposit back. (They were able to get all their money back. YEAH!)

I talked to him an hour later and he was calmer but still very upset and feeling hopeless.  I told him that perhaps the Lord was saving him FROM something rather than doing something terrible TO him.  Maybe that rental house wasn't where God wanted them to be for some reason.  Perhaps there are things that he can't see now that will work out for good because this deal fell through.   He hadn't thought about it like that and thanked me for pointing that out.  I know it doesn't soften the blow because he's so much like his father when it comes to worry and doom and gloom but planting a seed of hope can't hurt.

I talked to Shannon a little later and she said she is scared too but she is more hopeful.  Bryan has more work right now than he's had in a long time which is a great blessing and there was another offer on the house that their agent is following up on.  It wasn't nearly as good but at least there is a possibility still there.

Anyway, the Lord has everything under control.  It's just hard because we can't see the end result right now and don't know just how rocky the path is going to be that will take them to it's conclusion.

We can surround them with love, support and prayer and we will.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for sure!
You are so right, sometimes we think something is for us, but God has other plans, since He knows our future, He knows what's best. Just trust & have faith. :)  {{}}
Blessings, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Poor Bryan and Shannon, they must feel really gutted. It's horrible when all your hopes are dashed but as you say there may be a reason that's not apparent right now. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

What a shock ,he must feel so down just now ,well both of them ,do hope it all comes right for them soon .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes sometimes we dont see that the reason cars hold us up and slow us down is becuase GOD is keeping us from an accident. we have been looking for a house for years but GOD seems to hold usback so I always try to see it as good

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I know you wrote this entry about and for your son,  but so many of the things you said hit home with me too.  I can relate to how your son is feeling right now, because I feel the same way.  Thanks to people like you.. and entries like yours... you help me to see the 'bigger' picture.

I will keep your son in my prayers, Kathy..

Hugs and love,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

HI Kathy,  How awful for your son.  It is very stressful moving house even when things go smoothly and then for that to happen.  Please send him my best wishes.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

You are a wise momma!  I've been feeling really helpless lately too, like God isn't listen to ME!  Like I should know what's best for me!  Like I should tell God how to do HIs job!  I am finally at a place of acceptance and peace.  Everything does work out!  Seriously though, God knows what's best and I am praying that everything works out to your son's best!  Love, Rose~