Monday, August 14, 2006

Up and Running

I hit the ground running this morning.  My neighbor, Barbara called a little after 8 to borrow some milk for her cereal.  Her husband had left her about 3 drops of milk in the carton and she'd already sliced the banana before she found this out (LOL).  After she left, I got busy and was out the door by 9.  I went to the drug store, dry cleaners, and grocery store.  Now I'm writing this before heading out again.  I want to stop by Sips for my latte and then go to Nordstrom's to pick up my hemmed jeans.  Then it's home and up to my sewing room.  I have a lot of alterations to do for my friend Linda and a pair of shorts to fix for Sam plus two pair of jeans to shorten for myself.  If I'm going to finish this week, I've got to get busy.

I went to the San Diego Zoo yesterday with my son's family.  We had a great time.  I hadn't been down there for years so it was a real adventure for me, too.  They have made a lot of improvements and it is a beautiful place.  The weather was PERFECT and it wasn't over crowded which was very nice, too.  We took the guided bus tour first and then got out and walked most of it.  We were able to see all of the major things on our list.  The only thing we didn't see that I'm sorry about were the Pandas but I'm sure we will go again in a few years and will see them.

The kids loved seeing all the animals and birds.  They even were interested in a lot of the plants that were blooming.  I loved all of those things and watching them experience it.  I've posted a few pictures from the day which highlight a few things we saw.

More later.                                ô..ô

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day out at the zoo with your lovely grandchildren ,gosh you are going to be busy ,in your sewing room ,Ienvy you a sewing room ,bliss ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What lovely photos of the family at the zoo, it looks a great place to visit.  The bronze gorilla that Megan is sitting on looks really lifelike! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I can't see the pictures!  I know it is my computer, though, because I haven't been able to view anybody's today...what a great way to spend a day!  Jae

Anonymous said...

man I was out at 7 shopping walmart.

Anonymous said...

OH I forgot to say thanks for sharing your pictures of the zoo. we dont get to go becuase ours is so far away.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of the zoo, I want to go there now! I hope you get all your sewing jobs done! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures, Kathy! :)  

I like the zoo.. sorta.. but I hate that most of the time the animals are just so...blah.  Not active.  I've been the SD Zoo, and I remember my favorite animals were the monkeys!  They are the most active and since I'm so darned hyper, I think I must have been a monkey in a previous life! lol

Glad you had a nice time!

Hugs,
Jackie