Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Successful Shopping Day

I had a successful shopping trip today.  I met my friend, Dianne at the mall at 10:00 sharp and we were off.  Our first stop was Nordstrom's.  She had to pick up 2 pair of jeans she had left to be hemmed.  While she took care of that, I rummaged through a rack of mark downs and found a great pair of black casual pants that were 50% off.  I love getting something cute on sale.  When Dianne rejoined me, we started looking around another department and I found a fancy, sparklie top and jacket set to wear with those fancy $4 pants I got a week or so ago.  I'm set on the formal wear now.  From there we went to Macy's where Dianne found a few things and I came up with nothing.  After that we went to Penneys.  I found 2 cute pair of pants, a sage green and navy blue and two shirts to go with them.  I will do an inventory tonight but I think all I have left to do is pick up some pj's and some undies and I'll be set.  I haven't added up how much I've spent.  I don't even care.  I got a lot of things on sale and didn't go over board and buy too much.  The wonderful thing is, I bought things I really like instead of settling for things simply because they fit me.  When I wore a size 2X or a 22/24 I didn't have a lot of choices as far as clothing went.  I was lucky to find anything that fit and if it did I bought it even if it didn't look all that good because I knew I probably wouldn't find something else that fit.  Now I am wearing a size 14 and I have so many choices that I am buying only what I really like and what looks nice on me.  I don't have to settle anymore and it feels great.  I hope by the end of the year to be in an even smaller size but right now, I am enjoying myself right where I am.  I'm feeling so good and have so much more energy and confidence.  It's great!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

share pics of what you bought girl. and congrats on being down to a size 14 thats wonderful

Anonymous said...

This entry gave me goosebumps too but for different reasons!! LOL! That is so awesome about the clothes and being able to find so many things for your trip now.....and to have choices!!!!!! I know what you mean about having to get clothes because they were the only things that fit....UGH!  I'm still there but it's a heck of a lot better than when I was needing a 7x......I only had 3 places for clothes and that was by catalog, I never got to even look at them. I'm so proud of you Kathy for staying so dedicated and getting into that size 14 and also for knowing you will be lower than that, not wondering if you'll be lower.  Your positive attitude is very inspiring!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Was I supposed to buy new undies for the cruise?  I didn't...will they still let me on the ship.  And since I'm rooming with a married woman, I just bought 2 new bright colored night shirts (T-shirt type material) from Lane Bryant.  Nothing silkie and sleezey for this old woman.  Linda, less than 48 hours away from her departure.      

Anonymous said...

Kathy.. I'm glad you're having fun shopping!  Sounds like you got some cute stuff!  I know your excited for your vacation to get here!  Won't be long now!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Very well done losing your weight and being able to ,have such a wider choice in your clothes ,now you are reaping the rewards of your hard work ,.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It is so much more fun to go clothes shopping when you are a smaller size...congrats on being a 14 instead of a 22...I hope my turn comes, soon...Jae

Anonymous said...

Your journal was so much fun to read.  Your positive attitude is wonderful.
Thank you for commenting on my journal also.  Maybe if I keep reading your journal I will know how to write a good one myself.      MoodyMyke

Anonymous said...

Your journal was so much fun to read.  Your positive attitude is wonderful.
Thank you for commenting on my journal also.  Maybe if I keep reading your journal I will know how to write a good one myself.      MoodyMyke

Anonymous said...

It`s sounds as though you got some lovely clothes.  I love a bargain, especially when it`s clothes so give me a successful shopping trip any day of the week! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you managed to find some clothes to buy. I always find trying on clothes a chore! I don't mind looking at them and buying, it's the bit in between I don't like! Jeannette xx