Monday, August 21, 2006

Big Birthday Week

This is a big birthday week!  My grandson will be 5 on Thursday and AOL Journals has just turned 3!  Wow! 

Journaling is a great release for me.  I enjoy writing and expressing myself so this is the perfect forum for both.  When I first started, I was very protective and set up a private journal.  It seemed like the wise thing to do until I could get a feel for the community and what was going on in here.  I think I was afraid it was going to be like the chat scene and I didn't want to get another, "What are you wearing?" email as long as I live.  LOL

What I did find was some very nice people who are kind, funny, giving, caring, and interesting.  I've had a chance to learn about life in different parts of the country and in Britain.  In fact, I think Jeannette at Jeannette's Jottings was first to send me an email asking to read my journal and she then asked if she could invite some friends to stop by and say hello.  I added many new readers and I've benefited from reading their journals and comments they leave in mine.

It's has become one of the highlights of my day to log on and check in with each of the journals I visit regularly.  You all mean something special to me.

Love,  Kathy

~..~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cool to look at how far we all have come since beginning our journals.  I went back to my first entry it was June 2004, not quit the beginning, but close.  I can't believe how far I have come!  I love this place.
Rose~

Anonymous said...

for me too its become a great outlet

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank you for the mention. I like to think of us as one big extended family.  Yes, two birthdays in one week for me as well, how cool is that!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

And, the feeling is mutual! :)

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I was apprehensive at first, I don't like the sound of the chat scene. My journal is a great way of dropping in on friends and getting to know you all! Happy birthday Nathan! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,  I was very wary to start with as I had no idea about the people who might read my journal so I was very careful to give nothing away at first.  As time went on I felt more at ease and I found I could open up a little more.  I`m so pleased that I found this lovely little community. :o)

Sandra xxxx


PS:  Happy Birthday to your grandson. :o)