Friday, August 18, 2006

My Day In Rancho Santa Fe

I ended up spending the entire day in Rancho Santa Fe.  I got down there around 10:00.  The drive went very well.  I stopped and had my car washed before taking off so the morning traffic had eased up before I got on the freeway.  When I got to Nedda's we visited for about an hour and then headed to a very nice shopping mall about 4 miles from her home.  There we found Coldwater Creek, our favorite store.

We all browsed, tried on clothes and ended up buying a few things.  After that we had coffee and returned to Nedda's.  Since it was getting toward the time when the afternoon rush would start, I decided to stay until after dinner to avoid the traffic.  I am so glad I did!  Nedda took us to the Rancho Santa Fe Country Club for dinner.  What a beautiful place!  We had dinner on the patio overlooking the golf course.  The food was excellent and the service exceptional. 

We had such a good time!  Carol and I always have fun when we are together and having Nedda join us was special.  She is an 80 year old artist, mostly water color paintings.  She is deaf but is perfect at lip reading so she doesn't miss much of a conversation.  She is intelligent, well traveled, well read, interesting, and funny.  Because she is an artist, she has a very interesting way of looking at things.  She sees details that a person normally would over look.  She swims for 30 minutes every day and tries to work in 30 minutes on her exercise bike, too.  I'm very impressed by her zest and energy at her age.

Nedda has quite a few cactus plants in her garden.  I thought I would take pictures and post them.  Don't know how many people outside of us 'desert' dwellers see much cactus.  There are some beautiful varieties.  I also included some pictures of the views from the  back of their home.  All of the homes in Rancho Santa Fe are on 2.5 acre or larger lots.  Also, the picture of me, Carol and Nedda is a bit blurry but I can forgive that.  We were looking for someone to take it and a very handsome young man offered.  What a cutie!!!  So what if he couldn't hold a camera still.  LOL  Hey, I'm old but I'm not dead!

Saturday morning I'm picking up Megan and Nathan.  We will go shopping for Nathan's birthday presents.  I started letting them pick out some of their own gifts last year and they really enjoy that.  They will spend the night.  Sunday, Megan and I will work on a scrap book page of our Zoo pictures while Dennis takes Nathan to the Angel game.  It's Photo Day for season ticket holders so they will get to go down on the field to take pictures of some of the players.  Nathan is very excited about this!

After the game, Bryan, Shannon and Andrew are coming over for dinner and we will all celebrate Nathan's birthday.  He will be five on August 24th but since this is the week before we leave on our cruise and we are so busy, we decided to celebrate early.  I'm sure he won't mind.

Until later............                                ô..ô

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the day out with Carol and Nedda. She sounds like an amazing lady! I love her cactus collection, I used to have a lot indoors, their flowers are so pretty. Happy birthday to Nathan, it's nice to be big enough to pick your own present! Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

wow looks like you hada very nice time. Man lots of cactus out there. thanks for sharing the pics and the smiles.

Anonymous said...

sounds perfect!  rose~

Anonymous said...

Iwonder what Nathan will choose for his birthday present ,lovely collection of cacti ,Nedda sounds amazing ,what a character ..........Jan x...oh what did you buy? xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable time! :)  

Loved the pics!
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/
Jackie