Friday, January 12, 2007

Snow? Here?

It was 37 degrees with a wind chill of 29 this morning, perfect conditions to turn a light rain into a little dusting of snow.  Around 7:30, I came down stairs and noticed the brown mat outside the patio door was white.  I walked to the door and looked down to see little flakes of snow landing on it.  WOW....  Our patio chairs were icy and the bottoms were turning white.  Around the time, the phone rang.  My neighbor asked, "Are you up?"    I told her I'd just come downstairs.  She said her Aussie, Lasey had gone outside for a potty break and when she came back in her black coat was white on back.  "When I dusted her off, I realized it was snow!"

I went outside and could see the ruts in her roof had snow built up so I got the camera and took this picture.  No one would believe it snowed in Riverside without a picture to prove it.  This is the same place that recorded 116 degrees last August.  I prefer this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty ,thats all it is... pretty ,I dont like it much lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well, Kathy...since you like it...how about I send you some of the snow here in Washington.  It's still here, with the temps just below 20 degrees it's not going away real soon.  I know it's a bit strange to see snow in So Calif.  but it does happen from time to time.   Take care and stay warm.   Linda in cold (brrrrrr) Washington state  

Anonymous said...

So pretty.  Unlike Jan, I would like some just a little before the winter is out. It makes everything so beautiful.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

It's funny how when we have snow all winter, we take it for granted that it would astound someone else who doesn't see a lot of it! Cute story....and it made me smile :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Reading your entry reminded me of the time we first had some snow in CA - my youngest son was about 2 years old at the time.  He wouldn't go outside for anything!  My other two were hesitant but eventually got out in the snow.  We got about 6" here in WA ... I'd be happy to share more ofi it with  you!

Monica