Sunday, January 14, 2007

Change of Title: Naughty Boy and Girl

   Oh, my God!  I baby sat a 4 year old boy and an 18 month old girl yesterday while my friend, Sylvia's family went to her father's funeral.  Those kids were the worst behaved children I have ever been exposed to.  Who would think two children could wreak such havoc?  Every time the phone would ring, the boy would open the front door to ring the door chimes, then two poodles and the little girl would escape outside.  I'd get off the phone and have to chase the girl and the dogs and fight with the girl to get her back in the house, screaming her little head off the whole way in.  The neighbors probably thought I was beating her.  The last time it happened, I scrapped my arm on the side of the house and scrapped the skin off a 4" x 2" patch just below the elbow.  I was bleeding and the kids were crying when their mom came back.  LOL

  "Oh, god what happened?"  Their grandmother asked.

  "I was wounded in battle."  I answered.

   The children's mother just looked at me and I told her, "Your children a quite a handful.  I don't think they hear the word 'no' very often, do they?"

    She was baffled.  I guess no one has the guts to tell her to her face how awful her kids behave.  They were all complaining about them after they got back (You notice, they didn't warn me before hand) but no one will say anything to her.

    Even their own grandmother, Sylvia's sister, told me how bad they were.  "I had them for 2 weeks!"  She exclaimed.

   "And you still have all your hair!?!"  I replied.

   I surely would have pulled all of mine out if I had to spend 2 weeks with those little monsters.

   I had to put them in dress up clothes so their mom could take them to the reception after the funeral.  The little boy wasn't too bad, but the 18 month old girl screamed the whole time I took off thedress she was wearing.  When I laid it down to pick up the new  dress, of course she took off running.  I chased her down and brought her back, kicking and crying.  I got the dress on her and then she took off again before I could get the tights on her chubby little legs.  Have you ever tried to put tights on a child who was not cooperating?  It's like trying to dress a bear cub.  LOL  Anyway, I finally managed to get her dressed and then it was time to do her hair.  Naturally, she is very tendered headed and every comb thru of her beautiful auburn hair  brought cries of "Ouchie, ouchie."  I did the best I could and bribed her with chocolate covered raisins.  Oh, what we do to shut up those  heathens.

   Anyway, I survived and got paid $50 for my efforts.  I think I deserved 4 or 5 times that amount but I won't complain.  Last night about 8:45, Sylvia called and jokingly asked if I would baby sit today,  I faked an Asian accent and told her she had the wrong number.  LOL

   And you think you had a rough day.

 

(p.s.  I feel very sorry for these two beautiful children.  It's not their fault.  It's their parents' fault for not teaching them to behave.  It's such a shame because they are getting all the negative vibes from people and they just don't know any better.  Both are very bright, extremely good looking, and with a little structure and guidence, I'm sure they would be delightful children.  I hope Mom and Dad wake up soon before these two are so out of control that it's too late.  I don't want to come off sounding cold hearted and uncaring.  I was as kind as I could be.  I never raised my voice or did anything to hurt them, I swear! LOL  I was just very firm and did not let them get away with anything my own grandchildren would not be allowed to do. )

(pps:  My original title was Spawn of Satan.... perhaps a bit harsh.  LOL ).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right on!  I spent most of last summer undoing what my husband's ex had done to my two grandsons.  She had babysat them all day for the beginning of their little lives.  They would throw fits and walk up to you and kick you!  They are both well behaved now and Jacob even sat in Church with me for a whole hour!  Children need boundaries and disipline!  You are so good to have told the parents the truth!

xox Rose

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!  Spawn of Satan!  I've called my own kids that a time or two!  I can't stand bratty kids, actually.  They frustrate the hell out of me when I'm trying to watch them.  It's horrible.  And, they only get worse.  Those parents are in for the ride of their life!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Wow...I am impressed with your patience!  You did a great job.  Jae

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the parent could do with educating, bet they are they kind who say "I'm getting angry with you now" but do nothing when their kids misbehave. Glad you survived to tell the tale lol.
Take care
Debbie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/drb1064/whatever

Anonymous said...

Its such a shame these kids are so badly behaved ,no one will like them and its not their fault ,they will have a big shock when they go to school and it isnt fair on them ,well done you ,if it wasnt so awful for you ,this entry could be funny ! ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, you took me back to the days I did daycare in my home.  ::shudder::  I swear daycare providers are the most unappreciated group!  I remember days of chasing little ones around.  A few times I had to tell the parents to find alternative care as I couldn't have their lot disturbing the whole daycare.  I remember one was totally shocked that her baby misbehaved - she claimed he was always a perfect angel for everyone else!  Oh, is that why you've had 12 daycares in the past 5 months? LOL  Glad you survived. BTW - love the original title!!!

Monica

Anonymous said...

LOL with the Asian accent :)  The two kids sound like my Great niece & nephew, Connor & Emmy. The two most adorable kids in the world, age 15 months and 3 years. They are so naughty and no one does a thing....my niece & her husband laugh at them when they shouldn't and when they do say no, they don't enforce it. The 3 year old, Connor, is in pre-school and by week 3, had already had his name on the board, 5 time outs, and suspended for one day for biting....my niece's husband was laughing when he told the story and Connor was sitting right there hearing him <sigh> I could tell you horror stories!! Glad you surrived it though, and you better buy yourself something fun with the $50 :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I can't stand badly behaved kids Kathy. My three were so good I used to have neighbours knocking on the door asking if they could take them to the shops with them! They used to also get praised when I picked them up from birthday parties. People asked how I did it. I gave them a one word answer .... discipline! It's not fair oon kids to let them run amok, they grow up being disliked. Well done for surviving these brats! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

i can believe it... i have seen it all....doesn't it make you happy yours weren't like that? LOL at the asian accent..very clever..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

They sure sound like a handful...sadly those types of kids are the ones I end up teaching in high school--they are so lost because mom and dad have never given them any boundaries so they get into all sorts of trouble!  It's quite sad.  I wonder why some people even have kids.
Hopefully they learned a little something with you today! :)

Janis

Anonymous said...

It is very sad.  I know of a young couple who have a two year old and are expecting a second child this coming June.  Even the immediate family has told them that they need to get that two yr old under control before the new baby comes and they haven't started yet.  I tried to talk to her on the phone the other day and she finally said she couldn't talk because Joey (the child) didn't want her to be on the phone, so we hung up.  Unbelieveable !! There's nothing worse than unruly children.  Linda in Washingtonhttp://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/

Anonymous said...

Spawn of Satan LOL, I like that title better, most children now dont know the meaning of disapline, I'm glad that you came through fairly unscathed, my daughter has a friend whose children are the most unrully children you would ever wish to meet, the only words the youngest one  knows are swear words, and he's only two, the eldest one who is at school has been excluded on quite a few occasions, and the parents think it is funny,  boy would I like to have them for a week, they would go back different children
take care Lynne x