Friday, January 5, 2007

It's blusterier (Is that a word?)

Good afternoon!  I decided to stick close to home this afternoon.  I ran some errands and it is so windy that it's difficult to keep the car in the right lane so I'm not going to get on the freeway this afternoon.  I'll go shopping on a calmer afternoon.  I heard on the radio that there were gusts to 80 mph over night in the desert.  It's not that bad here by any means.

My Dad is doing better. They have a pain relieving patch on his back that has relieved all the muscle spasms.  He can feel some pain but the muscles don't knot up from his hip to shoulder every time he moves now which eliminates 80% of the pain. He can't take medication that goes into his liver because it causes hallucinations.  His liver got toxic because he took Tylenol and Darvocet trying to manage the pain on his own. Tomorrow they are moving him to a section of the hospital that rehabs patients before they go home.  He'll be there until he can take care of getting from bed to toilet and bed to chair.  He has to be able to do some things for himself because my mother cannot be his 100% care taker. 
 
Mom is doing great.  She's glad he's in the hospital getting the care he needs. She couldn't have taken care of him at home.  It is a relief.  She is on top of chores and obligations and she told Carol not to worry about her.  She is functioning fine.  She even told Carol not to go to Laramie, to save the visit for a time when she really needed her.  That's a good sign.
 
I'm not worried any longer.  I'm so sorry he has to go through this but I know he's going to be fine and that he is getting great care. 
 
I got the gunk for my hair - I'm happy.  I'll look snappy tomorrow.  LOL  I went to Macy's and tried on clothes.  I'm proud - I didn't buy anything.  I've got to get my clothes addiction under control.  I have enough until my birthday in February. 
 
That's it for today. 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Blusterier was a word but it is now! Lol! I'm so glad your dad is getting help from the patches. Well done for resisting the temptation to get some more clothes! Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I aprove your new word,So pleased your Dad is getting pain relief that is working and not harming further ,and that your Mum is coping ,so you can now take time out from worrying about them ,when in February is your Birthday? mine is the 20 th ,I will be 66 ouch .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Blusterier: "When Blusty No Longer Covers It"  ROFL!!!!!

Glad Dad is doing better....prayers are being answered! Congrats on not buying any clothes, I need to put no shopping for a while into practice.....I'm sooooooo bad!!!

Hope the wind dies down soon.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Dang! I ruined the joke with poor spelling!!!!!  Should be "Blustery", not Blusty :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your dad is doing okay, and that his pain is being controlled!

Batten up those hatches, Kathy!  It's blustery out there! lol

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I like the word:  Blusterier!  Why not?  You didn't buy anything?  That's hard expecially when you tried things on.  I'm Impressed.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I think if blusterier isn't a word it should be sounds like something winnie the pooh would say. Glad your worries for your family have been eased and hope the situation continues to improve for you. Thank you for the lovely comment on my feable attempt at a journal snd I will be back to visit again.
Deb
http://journals.aol.co.uk/drb1964/whatever