Sunday, January 28, 2007

Jumping with Joy

Jeez, I don't know what got into me this morning!  I was up until nearly 2:00 this morning watching The Sixth Sense.  I have seen the move at least 6 times but if I catch even a few seconds of it on TV, I'm glued to it until the end.  Anyway, my sister is coming today for a few days (yippee) so I set my alarm for 7:50 a.m.  I figured that would let me hit the snooze button at least 2 or 3 times before I really had to hit the floor.  When that alarm rang, I was awake!  I got up!  I went into the guest room, tore the sheets off the bed and tossed them in the washer.  I cleaned the guest bath and now I have a load of darks in the washer while the sheets dry.  I even cleaned the toilet in the master bath and dusted my bedroom.  My gosh.... that is so not me!  LOL  It's 9:05 a.m. and I actually have things done and just a few things left to do.  I really like how this feels.

I weighed myself this morning (gulp)...  I am happy to say I have lost the pounds I put on during my MOOD.  Oh, I feel so much better - not physically, really, but mentally the relief is extreme.  I have hope that I may be able to win this battle that has controlled me since I was about 10 years old.  I want to just be done with it!  I wish that when I hit goal the struggle would be over - that I would arrive at this magic destination and everything would be just perfect.  Yah!  I know, what planet do I live on?  Right?  I've taken on a life long challenge and I'm accepting it especially after this last little bump.

Today is our day with the grandchildren.  Our son and his wife are having a Date day so Dennis and I (along with my sister) are going to spend the afternoon and early evening with them.  I'm so excited!  I called my DIL last night to ask her a few questions and when I asked her what time she thought they would get home she said, "Oh, about 6:00."

"6:00!  You can't come back that early!"

She laughed, "Why not."

"Because if you do you'll have to get the kids ready for bed and I was hoping I could do that for you to give you a big break."

"Ohhhhh, that's so nice of you."  She almost cooed.  "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."  I assured her.  "You guys go out for coffee or a walk but don't come home before 7:30.  That way Andrew will be in bed and the other two will be ready to go down."

I could almost hear a smile and I did hear a happy sigh.  She needs these breaks and she just doesn't ask for them.  I almost have to make her let me go down and give her a morning or afternoon for herself.  This year, I'm going to work with her on meeting her own needs without guilt.  I want her to see her worth and know that she deserves some time for HER.  With a fourth baby due on March 16 she is really going to need some time to 'fill her well'.  She gives so much and at the end of the day she is empty.  I can relate and that's why it's so important to me to try to help her at this time in her life.  I've told her not to wait 35 years like I did - to learn the lesson now.  She did ask me if she could go to Cambria with me when I go for my next Dr. appointment.  I was thrilled.   My sister has arranged for us to stay in a condo in Avilla Beach which is just south of Cambria.  Carol will be there for the weekend, too.  We are going to spoil Shannon rotten.  We are going to try to go to Solvang, a little Danish town about an hour away if weather permits.  She's never been there and I know she would love it. I'm not being pushy about this.  I'm just encouraging when we talk about these things.  I share my own struggles and victories with her and encourage her to step out, too.  I don't want to make it sound like I'm moving in to be her life coach.  That would never work with her.  She needs a gentle nudge and then she has to find her own way.

By the way, she saw her OB/GYN last week.  He says he will probably do her c-section on March 16.  The baby's heart rate was slow - like a boys.  When Shannon told me I could hear some fear and disappointment in her voice.  "Well, it's only like 90% accurate."  I assured her that no matter if it's a girl or a boy, this baby would be loved to pieces.  I didn't want any disappointment to show in my voice.  After we got off the phone, I will admit, I felt sad and disappointed but found myself still hoping that it's a little girl with a slower heart rate.  Anyone who has read this knows that no matter what I am going to be thrilled with this baby.  It's just that it's been almost 8 years since I've had the opportunity to buy all the pink, lacy, ruffled stuff and experience the personality and little girl behaviors.  I would really enjoy that again.  I'm glad that I have the opportunity to start thinking 'boy' at this point because when the day arrives I just want JOY in my heart.  This baby deserves no less.  I've always liked the name Matthew, too.  It might be telling that they picked a boy's name right away and still can't decide what to name a little girl.  Oh, and did you notice, I didn't type this in pink?  LOL  I'm going to be an equal opportunity grandmother from now on.  I'll do a blue entry and then a pink one.  See, I'm adjusting already....... 

Well, the dryer has shut off so I need to get those sheets back on the bed, the dark stuff in the dryer and a load of towels started.  Work, work, work....  LOL.

Until later..........  snickle, snickle, snew

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky son and DIL to have your support. The love you have for your son and his family really shows.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time with the kids today! I know you will, just like I know you'll love the new baby whatever it is, boy or girl! You sound a great MIL helping out Shannon, I'm sure she appreciates you! Have a good week. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Ive said it before but Ill say it again you are a super Ma in law ,bless you ,though Iknow you will enjoy having the Grandchildren to yourself .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a very enjoyable few days with your sister. I like to set my alarm so I can hit the snooze button too, what bliss to take your time getting out of bed... :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

You are the best MIL....I soooooo envy you DIL, will you adopt me?? LOL!
Congratulations on getting your scales back where you want them....I'm so happy for and proud of you! I never had any doubt though....you are one of the strongest women I know :)

Enjoy your Sis.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

There's a lady bus driver at my work, she's a big wonderful black lady with bad knees, who once told me that when we are able to help we should do it, because someday we may need the 'angel'.  She calls me her angel, because I do simply leg work for her.  Someday we may need our angels, I know like you I love those grandbabies to peices.  And our dil's?  They need our wisdom, our light to show them the way!  So proud of you!! You are awesome & blessed!  big hugs!  rose~