Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Christmas Project

I was able to finish my sister's vest before Christmas.  I used 5 different fairy and floral prints cut into pieces 5" long x 4" wide.  I sewed the pieces together like a quilt making two, mirrored image, sides.  They are not identical because of differences in the prints and how they were cut.  After I finished the two panels , I cut out the front of the vest.  I used a pale pink velvet type fabric for the back and lined the whole vest with a cream colored cotton.  I pre-washed all of the fabrics so it will not shrink when Carol' washes it.  It came out really cute.  Best of all it fit her perfectly and she loves it.

My next project is a flannel blanket for my friend, Joan's, new grandson and then a Mother Goose quilt for my new grandchild who is due in 10 short weeks.

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty!!! You're like Martha Stewart with all your little craft projects and I'm jealous as I can't even draw a straight line!!! Seriously though, it's really wonderful and the color is so nice, I love pink. When I get to goal, you can make me one, too! Hehehe.
Thanks for sharing the photo.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

You did such a good job!  It is so cute!  Jae

Anonymous said...

That is delightful! arent you clever ?thanks for showing it to us ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Kathy, you're very clever! I used to do a lot of sewing when my kids were small but haven't got the time or patience (or eyesight!) now! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Wow!  I am amazed!  I can't sew a button on, much less an entire vest!  Beautiful!!

Hugs
jackie