Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sun-less Sunday

That tropical system from Mexico is arriving.  We have an overcast sky but it hasn't cooled us down.  It has just added humidity to the mix and increased our misery index by 100 X.  YUCKKKY.  I have the A/C on AND the ceiling fan AND a small fan blowing on me while I type this just to keep the air circulating in the room.  I get to stinkin' LAZY in this weather.  I just want to go from this chair to the couch but I will get some little projects done today so I won't fall behind and have to play catch up the rest of the week.

My first priority is to call my Daughter-in-Law today and find out what she has planned for Thursday.  It's her birthday!  If she's free, I want to take her to lunch and treat her to a shopping spree at her favorite store.  They are strapped for cash right now so I know she hasn't bought any new clothes in a while.  If I give her money, she won't spend it on herself.  I might even suggest staying at the house with the kids while she and a girlfriend go shopping.  I'll just see what she wants to do.  It's important to me that she gets to do something fun for herself.  She gives everything to everyone else all the time.  Once in awhile, she needs to pamper herself.

I went online at my favorite store and I bought 2 dressy jackets and a hooded jacket/pants set for the cruise and saved big $$$.  I just love when that happens.   I'm getting my wardrobe lined up for our trip.  I need to make a list of what I have and what I still need.  Then I can set a budget and start planning so I don't have a lot to do at the last minute.  If anyone wants to look at Coldwater Creek here's the link.   http://www.coldwatercreek.com/   

I'm going to log off for now.  Until later...............   ô..ô

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely thought ful Ma in law you are ,what a lucky girl ,and how nice to be buying your own outfits,for your trip ....Jan xx.

Anonymous said...

That's a very thoughtful idea for you to give to your daughter in law! I hope she enjoys having a spending spree on herself! Hoping it cools down for you soon too! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

You are the coolest MIL!  Hope she can do something fun!  Jae

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do for your DIL!  That's how I feel about mine also...   :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Miserable weather all over right now! GRRRRR  
Wish my DIL & I had a nice relationship, but it's not to be I guess. I've been trying for 18 yrs! Well, the past 5 have been the worst! :(
Getting everything set for your cruise is smart. Last minute is never the way to go!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

you are so correct about attitude.  it is a decision!  You are an awesome mil!  I vote to let her go shopping with a friend, only if she promises to really buy something for herself, you may be needed to supervise!  Have a great day!  rose~