Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Few Things To Start My Saturday

My Angels finally won a game in my presence.  YIPPEE.  And what a game it was! 4 - 0 over the Diamond Backs.  What made it special, for those who are Baseball fans, is that John Lackey pitched his 2nd complete game in a row and his 2nd shut out in a row.  That's quite rare these days.  There were a few outstanding defensive plays and a home run by Big Daddy Vladdy, Vladimir Guerrero our power house right fielder.  A great game on a very warm night with a very good friend - doesn't get much better than that.

I'm keeping the red font color because this is the color my face is going to be after my work out this morning.  I meet with the personal trainer in an hour.  Am I looking forward to it?  Ah, not really.  LOL  I'm hesitant but going forward.  I'll just see how it goes before making a commitment.  Wish me luck.  I'll let you know how it goes later in the day.

Oh, and it's supposed to be 112 here today.  Yes, 112.  The misery index factor is going to shoot thru the roof.  There is a large brush fire burning northeast of here (no threat to us) and there is no hope of containing it unless the weather cools.  We may get a tropical storm from Mexico early next week that could bring humidity and rain.  That would feel awful because who likes humidity, but it would help put out the fire.  We'll put up with the humidity to save homes, lives and brush.

I am outta here for now.  Until later...................   ô..ô

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy..

I'm with you, where the heat is concerned.  Literally!  I live in So Cali too, and it's supposed to be 110 where I live!  I hate the heat!  I am such a mild California winter person.  I do not like our summers, at all!  Too freakin hot!  But.. at this point, if it will put out those nasty fires, I can handle it.. if it brings some rain with it!

Good luck with your workout!  

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hope your work out goes well!  I didn't realize it gets so hot there in CA.  Jae

Anonymous said...

Supposed to be over 100 here this wkend too! In MO!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Gosh thats hot ,no wonder you all need AC,enjoy your work out .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

112* oh yuk!  My friend Bob is in Pasadena visiting one of his daughters & her family.  It's supposed to be about 100* there today.  I always hate it when he goes down there without me (he's retired & I'm still working) but today I'm glad I'm not there.  Linda in WA    

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Angels won the game last night! It's been nearly a hundred degrees here today but I love it! Can't get hot enough for me! Good luck with your personal trainer, hope you can work out a good program for you to do! Jeannette xx